Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:06 PM

91 posts, read 422,529 times

Advertisements

I was wondering just how many actors and actresses any of you have met or live by there in California and if so who?

Who
Have you gone to school with them?
Do you live by them if so where?
Are you good friends with them?
Did you grow up with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,812 times
Bill Clinton,Whoopi Goldberg,Clint Eastwood and Bush's father Barbra Bush

Old 03-26-2007, 09:14 PM

193 posts, read 1,402,943 times
Do musicians and/or bands count?

I was a music director in college and part of my job was to "discover" and promote new bands and I would call up record labels and arrange interviews with bands.

Back in 91 I had the opportunity to go to many a concert and get backstage (or on the tour bus if they were signed to a major label) to meet and interview bands. I met Gwen Stephani/No Doubt, Live, The Shamen, Blur, and few others that I am ashamed to say I don't quite remember....I mean, it was college and backstage and all...well let's just say I was having too much fun and that's why I am STILL working on my degree years later. Oh well it was fun. If I think of any more I will let ya all know.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:10 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
I have met hundreds of them, but I have worked on a lot of studio lots.

Lets see, I have met George Burns, Clint Eastwood, Jackie Chan, Tim Allen, Tommy Chong and the whole cast from That 70's Show. I bought Drew Barrymore a beer one night.

I actually admire writers more. I probably get more excited attending a book signing than meeting a actor.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 PM

29 posts, read 181,091 times
I used to live near Malibu, met many, and rarely met one with any intelligence.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 Liters View Post
I used to live near Malibu, met many, and rarely met one with any intelligence.
yeah I wouldn't cross a street to met one. I did run into a couple years ago, they were jerks.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:38 PM

91 posts, read 422,529 times
Silly, but I always thought that actors and actresses lived in other states and flew into work there in California for movies and such.

Do most of them live in one certain area of California?
Are they all snobbish or are some of them down to earth...?

Old 03-28-2007, 07:48 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
I'm up in Northern California, but have met & grown up with a good number... one I knew particularly well was Alicia Silverstone, who went to High School, Synagogue, and ballet lessons with me. Can't say she was the nicest girl, unless you want me to lie. Actually, my best friend threatened to beat her up once after school, but Alicia never showed up - LOL! She was kinda pretty, but I never thought of her as "gorgeous" or anything.

More recently, I've met a whole bunch at events for my father's organization... Johnny Knoxville (surprisingly shy & nice!), Tom Arnold, Farelly Brothers, Maria Shriver, Katherine Heigl, Bart Connor & Nadia Comenici (gymnasts), lots of other athletes, and some I'm forgetting right now. Most were nice enough, especially Bart Connor, who's a real sweetheart. I also grew up around many well-known figure skaters, since I skated in the Bay Area during the "golden years"... including Debi Thomas (who was a family friend), Brian Boitano, Kristi Yamaguchi, Rudy Galindo, Scott Hamilton, Tara Lipinski, and so on. I've found that athletes are typically nicer & more down-to-earth than actors, probably because they're less worshipped... also they often come from more humble backgrounds, and actually have to WORK for their fame.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
Silly, but I always thought that actors and actresses lived in other states and flew into work there in California for movies and such.

Do most of them live in one certain area of California?
Are they all snobbish or are some of them down to earth...?
Plenty still live in California, mostly in the areas like Malibu, Hollywood Hills, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, etc... some are snobbish, some are nice, just like any other people!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Dan Haggerty (of Grizzly Adams fame) used to live in the house behind mine. I would stop by and visit with him occasionally, and he always answered the door when he was home. What I knew of him, I liked. I heard about him having a drug addiction, but never saw any evidence of it. He was genuinely kind to us kids in the area, at least as I remember it.

There have been a few others that I have met through the years, and several that I didn't even recognize. If you meet them somewhere other than on the street or in a store somewhere, chances are you're both there because of a common interest. This usually helps to open them up to conversation. When I've had the opportunity to talk to these folks, they usually come across as being friendly.

One thing to keep in mind is that acting is just their job, and it is only because of their job that they get so much exposure. They are really just like the rest of us in most other aspects, but with more money and fame. They face many of the same trials and tribulations as the rest of us, along with some we'll never have to experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California