U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,717,314 times
Speaking for the downtown "Village" area of Claremont; AMAZING trick-or-treating, but no, I wouldn't let kids go unattended.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,347 times
Does anyone know were to take kids to trick or treating in Lancaster California? Richy areas or were there is alot of candy and fun things to see. zenjenn can you tell me if there is somewhere I can go online to find were to go?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 PM

136 posts, read 377,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starla5p View Post
Does anyone know were to take kids to trick or treating in Lancaster California? Richy areas or were there is alot of candy and fun things to see. zenjenn can you tell me if there is somewhere I can go online to find were to go?
There is a really fun festival at a church in Lancaster, it's at 44514 20th Street W, near Ave J. They have games, a hay maze, bounce houses and slides, and tons of candy. We go there every year, my kids love it. They get more candy there than trick or treating and it is a safe environment.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,072 times
In the San francisco area, the neigh-boor hoods has nice people , Most kids go alone or with friends at the age of 11

Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 PM

7,101 posts, read 17,921,690 times
I would not allow my children out on Halloween unattended anywhere anymore. People w/o kids aren't allowed to answer this one :-)

Old 10-25-2009, 08:40 PM

25,154 posts, read 15,830,907 times
It's fun if you are in a family friendly area with tons of kids. I wouldn't let them go alone (unless you are talking about teenagers), but that's nothing to do with CA, it's just good parenting.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:30 AM

48,418 posts, read 39,484,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Welllll... California's an awfully big state!! It totally depends on where you live, and how safe that particular area is. I used to live in a bad neighborhood, and all the kids went over to the better town nearby... I still wouldn't let them go alone, though, no matter where you live! (depending on their age) Sad, considering we all went without parents when I was a kid, just 20-something years ago.
Even 20 years ago our kids didn't go without us until they were about 10, nor did my grandkids and we are talking nice, middle class neighborhoods. It wasn't only the possibility of someone hurting them, it was fun to walk around and see all the kids.

The lastest thing here is called "Trunk or Treat" it is sponsored by the churches and held in the church parking lot. People bring the treats and pass them out in the parking lot. It really has cut down on the door to door route we were used to. The kids love it, the parents do and it is safe as those participating are from the church involved.

When we lived in NM families from across the river would come into our neighborhood because they seem to think we would have better treats (not so) some friends would have near 200 or 300 kids, if you needed to be out or were coming home from about 6pm to 8pm it was almost impossible to drive down the streets. Moms with 3 month old babies would go door to door, all this did was ruin the entire fun of the evening. I hated it!!!

Nita

Old 10-27-2009, 10:12 AM

7,847 posts, read 9,390,916 times
It's died off where we're at.

Ten years ago we'd get 30 - 50 kids.

Last year we got 4.

Part of it is childlessness in our area.

Part of it is, helicopter parents who seem to leave to area completely to take their kids to "events" where there is a managed trick of treat, for example, at a shopping mall.

Part of it is, the curse of the glowing blue screen, be it a big screen on the wall or little ones on lap tops and PDAs.

Sad stuff.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,601 times
I live in Encino ca and am wondering if anyone knows what day and time the trick or treating starts in either encino or tarzana? I want to take my daughter this is her first halloween and I am new to the area. Please help

Old 10-30-2010, 07:44 PM

16,587 posts, read 19,353,874 times
I'm pretty sure the day would be........... Halloween.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California