Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
In case you didn't understand what I was saying, I was referring to the government.
I understood perfectly.

First of all, I posted that tongue-in-cheek to lighten things up a bit. Secondly, I just retired as a senior manager for the state after 25 years of service. Eight of those years were spent in law enforcement and most of the remaining years were spent in ::::shudder:::: legislation and politics. But if it's any help, in my last position as a policy expert on forensic mental health matters I was instrumental in keeping sexually violent predators and other similar offenders in secure facilities so they couldn't move in next door to you, not even if they were eventually released.

Sometimes even state workers can be useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:01 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,888,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Can any other U.S. state compare to California, in terms of its magnificence?
Vermont is probably the most beautiful state I've ever seen.

Lush green, no billboards, limited big box stores (the polar opposite of cal or orange county), country but still modern. But not overloaded modern...very little use of cell phones, blackberrys, etc compared to Cal. To me, the state was a great combination of natural beauty and livability (not too isolated like some midwestern states).

New Hampshire, Maine are gorgeous too.

California magnificence is different.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 PM

268 posts, read 899,849 times
FLORIDA has always been a close 2nd behind California............

California and Florida, Hawaii and Arizona in that order.

FLORIDA is a lazy man's California.

More professional team sport owners live in FLORIDA than any other state, and more millionaires live in FLORIDA than anywhere on the planet. Gazillionaire Tiger Woods can live anywhere in the world, but guess where he calls home? You got it -- Windermere, Florida!

It's like the Camaro SS and Corvette... same engine, same guts but a different design.

Peace!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Floridian View Post
FLORIDA has always been a close 2nd behind California............

California and Florida, Hawaii and Arizona in that order.

FLORIDA is a lazy man's California.

More professional team sport owners live in FLORIDA than any other state, and more millionaires live in FLORIDA than anywhere on the planet. Gazillionaire Tiger Woods can live anywhere in the world, but guess where he calls home? You got it -- Windermere, Florida!

It's like the Camaro SS and Corvette... same engine, same guts but a different design.

Peace!
Are you sure Florida has the most millionaires? Check out this link:
TNS study names top ten wealthiest U.S. counties | 6th Sense of Business

It shows 262,800 "millionaire households" in Los Angeles county, more than any other county in the U.S. Palm Beach county in Florida has 69,871 "millionaire households," the most for the state of Florida.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:01 PM

250 posts, read 737,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
"Nightmares are subjective". Like the nightmare of Arkansas' racial\ sexual prejudice [you can have it, sister
Can't rep you again have to spread the love.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:37 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I understood perfectly.

First of all, I posted that tongue-in-cheek to lighten things up a bit. Secondly, I just retired as a senior manager for the state after 25 years of service. Eight of those years were spent in law enforcement and most of the remaining years were spent in ::::shudder:::: legislation and politics. But if it's any help, in my last position as a policy expert on forensic mental health matters I was instrumental in keeping sexually violent predators and other similar offenders in secure facilities so they couldn't move in next door to you, not even if they were eventually released.

Sometimes even state workers can be useful.
Do they still house alot of sex offenders at Atascadero State Hospital?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,233 times
I like beautiful ladies too.
But are there more Asian beaties in Tennessee than in CA ?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Are you sure Florida has the most millionaires? Check out this link:
TNS study names top ten wealthiest U.S. counties | 6th Sense of Business

It shows 262,800 "millionaire households" in Los Angeles county, more than any other county in the U.S. Palm Beach county in Florida has 69,871 "millionaire households," the most for the state of Florida.
He is referring to per capita I imagine..

Nita

Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Do they still house alot of sex offenders at Atascadero State Hospital?
Not a lot of the sexually violoent predators who used to be housed there. Only the dually diagnosed -- those who are SVPs as well as profoundly mentally ill. The bulk of them, 600-some, have been transferred to the new state hospital in Coalinga.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM

268 posts, read 899,849 times
Nita -

Yes, (per capita) FLORIDA has more millionaires..... and best Beaches (warm, clear, clean, blue, aqua, torquise, etc). Just like the Bahamas.... but less as you go north from Maimi, but still much better water than Hawaii or California!

Hell, anywhere north of LA, the Ocean is freezing!!!!

I know a lot of Southern Californias moved to FLORIDA and 9 of 10 are glad they made the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California