Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:08 PM

364 posts, read 608,114 times

Advertisements

It seems at times that California lawmakers have no regard for the people they are supposed to serve. A two inch fish is more important than providing water for millions of people in southern CA and thousands of farms in the central valley. Regulating energy use down to what kind of lightbulb we use is more important that getting government out of the way so business owners can create more jobs. Shouldn't our leaders work hard to create and environemt where people can achieve more prosperous lives for themselves. The politicians spend their time makeing it harder for us. It seems like they just don't care. But I don't see any way to throw the bums out. Sad and depressing situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 11:22 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
It seems at times that California lawmakers have no regard for the people they are supposed to serve. A two inch fish is more important than providing water for millions of people in southern CA and thousands of farms in the central valley. Regulating energy use down to what kind of lightbulb we use is more important that getting government out of the way so business owners can create more jobs. Shouldn't our leaders work hard to create and environemt where people can achieve more prosperous lives for themselves. The politicians spend their time makeing it harder for us. It seems like they just don't care. But I don't see any way to throw the bums out. Sad and depressing situation.
You mean to say you think California could survive without the delta smelt? How radical!

Caifornia's Legislature has devolved from just tax-and-spend addicts to whole dynasties of them -- wives replacing husbands and visa versa, same for brothers and sisters, even mothers and fathers replacing their children and children replacing their parents. It's all very 9incestuopus and the voters seem to be oblivious and/or inured to it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you'll never get rich betting on the collective intelligence or memory of the American electorate

Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 AM

57 posts, read 381,183 times
lol Californians are pretty nutty, this isn't all that surprising

Old 04-19-2009, 04:26 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you'll never get rich betting on the collective intelligence or memory of the American electorate
I consider myself extremely liberal but at the same time I look at California and the laws, emissions, and regulations and think that compared to many Californians I just may be *gasp* a conservative.

I'm one of the many, many people that grew up with the whole " California Dreamin " mentality and wanted nothing more then to move to Los Angeles when I turned 18 and I may still end up living out there at one point or another. I would say that one of the best things about this country is that if you don't like the laws, rules, regulations, ect, ect in one state.. You're more then free to move to another one.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 PM

14,530 posts, read 19,975,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
You are describing liberals. Unfortunately for you and me the state of California is controlled by liberals. It's all about tax and spend and social programs and hugging trees.

I'm not against protecting the environment but you can't do that exclusively. At some point you have to recognize that we can't forsake everything just for a damned fish.

And social programs? Don't get me started...

Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 AM

373 posts, read 1,167,504 times
Private jets and homes with square footage of 4000 sq ft should be first.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:28 PM

18,356 posts, read 31,429,080 times
Everyone in california needs to use clotheslines instead of wasting energy and money on dryers, and since the climate is perfect for drying clothes outside, this really is a no brainer !!!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Everyone in california needs to use clotheslines instead of wasting energy and money on dryers, and since the climate is perfect for drying clothes outside, this really is a no brainer !!!
Except, of course, in San Francisco which we try to keep hidden behind smog banks so out-of-staters don't get the wrong idea about California.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:48 PM

373 posts, read 1,167,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I agree. Unfortunately, many cities and subdivisions prohibit this energy saving method of drying clothes because it's unsightly. I guess some people are afraid of seeing people's stained underwear hanging for all the world to see.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,529,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzt83 View Post
Private jets and homes with square footage of 4000 sq ft should be first.
I work in the private jet industry and it's unfortunate that some people abuse the industry, but if companies and people sold all of their jets my company (and many others) would go under, causing even more unemployment and strife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California