Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,441,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Some people just don't understand that wherever they go they take themselves with them. Give the new utopia a couple of weeks and these people will be back to b*tching about the same old things.
A couple of weeks? Do you have ADD?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
A couple of weeks? Do you have ADD?
Did you not understand the statement? Can't you read? Are you dyslexic? Those who are seeking some fantastic utopia will become bored with it within two weeks and start b*tching about the same things in their new utopia as in their former place; i.e. California. No, I do not have ADD - but perhaps you do, and that's okay.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:38 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,739 times
Quote:
Did you not understand the statement? Can't you read? Are you dyslexic? Those who are seeking some fantastic utopia will become bored with it within two weeks and start b*tching about the same things in their new utopia as in their former place; i.e. California. No, I do not have ADD - but perhaps you do, and that's okay.
I think the idea is that the cost of living will be less where he is headed.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM

341 posts, read 688,856 times
What if you like California (the weather, the different climates, the activities) but absolutely hate the politics, the illegal problem, the deficit. what if you want to be a stay at home mom and raise your kids instead of paying someone to do that for you. can you own a home. Can that be done if hubby has mediocre job? Is California politics going to change. There are certain things you can hate about ca and things you love. I don't think we have to jump all over posters because they feel it necessary to leave. Who wants to give a big chunk of what you earn for taxes to cover the deficit that politicians created. I agree with one poster that said it's easy to live in Ca if you have enough money to own one home and consider buying another in SD. But what about the guy that can't afford one home.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
What if you like California (the weather, the different climates, the activities) but absolutely hate the politics, the illegal problem, the deficit. what if you want to be a stay at home mom and raise your kids instead of paying someone to do that for you. can you own a home. Can that be done if hubby has mediocre job? Is California politics going to change. There are certain things you can hate about ca and things you love. I don't think we have to jump all over posters because they feel it necessary to leave. Who wants to give a big chunk of what you earn for taxes to cover the deficit that politicians created. I agree with one poster that said it's easy to live in Ca if you have enough money to own one home and consider buying another in SD. But what about the guy that can't afford one home.
Not my problem. You know ... when I was 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 years old my friends were out partying and having a blast. Not me. I had my nose glued to a book and all of my weekends were spent studying and doing homework. I paid my dues. It was always impressed upon me growing up that you get the hard stuff and the dirty work out of the way FIRST - then you can party and enjoy your life when you are older. Am I supposed to feel guilty because I sacrificed early in life? Try harder, because I'm not feeling the guilt.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:33 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,217 times
People just look for anything to complain about, taxes, illegals, blah blah . All an excuse. Especially illegals, that does not affect my daily life what so ever. Please don't try the we pay for their medical expenses etc, because that's only a few dollars out your pocket a month if anything that you don't even miss. No place is perfect, if California had no illegals or high taxes it would be , "I hate the fact it doesn't rain enough"

People seem upset that they can't find something to do to make enough money to live here, is that really California's fault or the people from all over the country who are dying to get out here who flooded into the state. Supply and demand, this is not Wyoming.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:39 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Not my problem. You know ... when I was 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 years old my friends were out partying and having a blast. Not me. I had my nose glued to a book and all of my weekends were spent studying and doing homework. I paid my dues. It was always impressed upon me growing up that you get the hard stuff and the dirty work out of the way FIRST - then you can party and enjoy your life when you are older.
...and as Mary Poppins said, "Practically perfect in every way!"

Old 04-21-2009, 05:51 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,689,250 times
Yep, since no place is perfect moving to Oklahoma et al is not going to solve all of one's problems. Yes, of course it will be cheaper. But there will be a whole host of new things to complain about. So the bottom line is to make the best of where you are at. And if you can't then go somewhere else with the knowledge that it is going to have a healthy share of its own unique problems and cr@ppy things to deal with and complain about.

It all comes back to the same principle of making the best of things.

This is not to say that one shouldn't move to other states, explore, and experience different places. By all means go explore! It is just the complaining that gets old. I think that is what ppl get tired of hearing.

When I was looking at moving to the PNW you had a number of ppl who decided they hated the PNW. So almost evey time someone asked a question on the forum they would go on and on how much it sucks. But for *Many* other residents it is a great place to live. And thats the kind of thing that gets real old when asking a question or trying to find some info about an area.

Derek

Old 04-21-2009, 05:52 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Yep, since no place is perfect moving to Oklahoma et al is not going to solve all of one's problems. Yes, of course it will be cheaper. But there will be a whole host of new things to complain about. So the bottom line is to make the best of where you are at. And if you can't then go somewhere else with the knowledge that it is going to have a healthy share of its own unique problems and cr@ppy things to deal with/complain about.

It all comes back to the same principle of making the best of things.

This is not to say that one shouldn't move to other states, explore, and experience different places. By all means go explore! It is just the complaining that gets old. I think that is what ppl get tired of hearing.

When I was looking at moving to the PNW you a number of ppl who decided they hated the PNW. So almost evey time someone asked a question on the forum they would go on and on how much it sucks. But for *Many* other residents it is a great place to live. And thats the kind of thing that gets real old when asking a question or trying to find some info about an area.

Derek
I agree

Old 04-21-2009, 05:53 PM

Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California