Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 PM

6 posts, read 33,226 times

Advertisements

I will be going out to Calif the end of May to see my family and attend a convention in San Francisco. I will be staying in Castro Valley and wondered if anyone knows anything about Castro Valley and the cheapest places to shop and what good restraurants are there? I am a real bargain shopper and thrift stores are great. I used to live in El Granada many years ago. Any suggestions on thrift stores in San Francisco, places that are not to difficult to find.
Also I am planning on flying in to the Oakland Airport. My sister will pick me up...or.. how far away is the Bart station from the airport? I could take Bart to Castro Valley. Is it safe to walk there during the afternoon?
I'd appreciate any information you could give me......Honey Pie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,140 times
Default I know about Castro Valley

I live in Castro Valley, so I can tell you some basic things. There aren't really a ton of places to shop in Castro Valley, we have no malls, department stores, and a small amount of chain stores. We have a small shopping center called The Village on the boulevard- which is where most everything in town is. We do, however, have a TON of fast food! We have just about every pizza joint (pizza hut, etc), burger place (McDonalds, Burger King), and a ton of other things, most of which are all on the boulevard. We don't have a ton of little private restaurants, but we do have like Baker's Square, Rigatoni's, and places like that. However, one of my favorite places to eat is Chipotle. They have DELICIOUS mexican food. Castro Valley is definately safe to walk around in during the afternoon. It's a fairly safe place- we're rarely on the news, and not a ton happens here, and most of it is at the high school (as strange as that sounds).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California