Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
You live in Frenso the only picture I could come with would violate the TOS on this site.
Lemme help ya a little bit as I understand navigating the internets can be a bit tricky for some.

City Hall:

Fresno Historical Society buildings:

Kearney Mansion at Kearney Park:

Meux Home:

Save Mart Center (Go Bulldogs!)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,349 times
Quote:
You live in Frenso the only picture I could come with would violate the TOS on this site.
Fresno looks a lot like much of Orange County or Santa Clara County. Mostly post-WW II suburbia. If you ripped up Costa Mesa and dropped North Fresno down there no one would notice the difference. Actually, it might look better.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Fresno looks a lot like much of Orange County or Santa Clara County. Mostly post-WW II suburbia. If you ripped up Costa Mesa and dropped North Fresno down there no one would notice the difference. Actually, it might look better.
Some of our downtown buildings are actually quite nice Italian Renaissance buildings and on the national historical registry.

I do appreciate the good word.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:14 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,349 times
Here's a neat older neighborhood in Fresno. I loved to jog on the median strip when I lived there. Basically, it isn't the pit some people try to make it out to be.

huntington.mpg - YouTube

Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Here's a neat older neighborhood in Fresno. I loved to jog on the median strip when I lived there. Basically, it isn't the pit some people try to make it out to be.
Hey. Some of my friends in high school lived on that street and we drive down their Christmas tree lane every year. I went to Roosevelt which is right there. The girl whose name I can't remember who asked me to Sadie Hawkins lived on Huntington.

/wave

LoL. I know the Ravens on the video. Her kids are Tag and I can't remember the daughters name now. I was in Cub Scouts with Tag.

PS: I want a Fresno forum with a slogan now, crediting Jeffredo.

Fresno: We are not the pit some people try to make it out to be.

Last edited by Senno; 02-02-2013 at 05:43 PM..

Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 PM

143 posts, read 300,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Sure about that? Population density:

FL: 353.4/sq mi (136.4/km2)
Ranked 8th in the U.S.

CA: 242/sq mi (93.3/km2)
Ranked 11th in the U.S.
Where you get your sources? California is and always was the bigger state, the big cities in CA are more crowded than mostly all of FL cities outside Miami.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich Man View Post
Do you have any predictions for the future of California?
What will California look like in the future? From what I see around here, Mexico City?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:14 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Uh, nope. You got me confused with someone else. Don't live in Fresno. Never did -- although I lived outside Lemoore once long ago, which is near Fresno. Nope sir, I live a three-way fantasy relationship. Here are pictures. Compare with your N. Dakota. And. Eat. Yo'. Little. Heart. Out.

San Juan Islands summers

Hawaii winters

and California coast spring and fall

Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Uh, nope. You got me confused with someone else. Don't live in Fresno. Never did -- although I lived outside Lemoore once long ago, which is near Fresno. Nope sir, I live a three-way fantasy relationship. Here are pictures. Compare with your N. Dakota. And. Eat. Yo'. Little. Heart. Out.

San Juan Islands summers
I assumed he was talking to me and I showed him some much less glorious photos of Fresno.

Not so lovely, but not ToS breaking.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I assumed he was talking to me and I showed him some much less glorious photos of Fresno.

Not so lovely, but not ToS breaking.
Yeah. I got that. But what a great straight line for me to rub it in! No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California