U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-19-2009, 11:01 AM

8,020 posts, read 7,861,747 times

Advertisements

Perhaps this should be posted in 'Travel' but I thought I'd get more response on here.

What is the preferred way to transport from the San Jose Airport to Santa Cruz? I know there used to be a 'Blue Bird' shuttle bus that cost a nominal fee, but it appears to not exist anymore.

I can check online for alternatives, but thought I'd get opinions from others on this thread. (I will not be renting a car.)

Thank you for your help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 PM

2,903 posts, read 8,073,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Perhaps this should be posted in 'Travel' but I thought I'd get more response on here.

What is the preferred way to transport from the San Jose Airport to Santa Cruz? I know there used to be a 'Blue Bird' shuttle bus that cost a nominal fee, but it appears to not exist anymore.

I can check online for alternatives, but thought I'd get opinions from others on this thread. (I will not be renting a car.)

Thank you for your help.
Doesn't the HW17 Express run from the airport to S.C.?
I'm not much help as i have a car.
And when friends come to visit me, i encourage them to fly into Monterey instead.
It's usually a flight to L.A. and then a short commute up to Monterey.
It's a much more pleasant way to enter the Monterey Bay.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:57 PM

Y'know, I don't think that bus makes a stop at the airport anymore. I've searched online in several ways, and so far it sounds like I have to take a couple of connections to Diridon Station to catch it there. Not worth it.

So I'll probably have to dish out more for a van shuttle.

I did check out flights to Monterey. A lot more expensive. And I guess I tend to be a bit of a cheap bastard when it comes to flying.

Thank you for your input, though.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:16 PM

6,868 posts, read 16,988,852 times
Yeah it would be a bit complicated to do the cheap way (on public transit). VTA 10 shuttle to the Metro light-rail station, take the train several miles to the Santa Clara St station downtown, then take the Hwy 17 express. I would estimate that would take 2 hours.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,063 times
I have taken that route a few times. The VTA 10 shuttle(free) drops you off at the Metro Light-Rail($1.75 fare). It is a very quick ride(about 12 minutes) to San Jose Diridon to catch the HWY 17 Bus($4.00) to Santa Cruz(55 minute bus ride). I only had a small carry-on and backpack to haul and traveled during the day. I highly recommend it!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:38 PM

Thanks to all of you! This is a tremendous help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California