Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:14 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

I am tired of it too, we just have a bunch of sore losers on this forum.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:22 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
Yes I do, because you weren't supposed to be born here. I believe it was Mississipi that was your calling.
Pretty smart-mouthed, opinionated and sure of yourself for a punk youngster who's still wet behind the ears, aren't you?

Come back and talk to us when you've started shaving.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Think about it. The people on here are either trying to move to CA or trying to move out of CA. This is a relocation forum, after all. It makes sense that most of the people on here with experience in CA, didn't love it, or they wouldn't be trying to leave. I think many (most?) posters wanting to move to CA have on rose colored glasses, and it may do some good to give them some reality. CA has a lot going for it, but it also has a lot of negatives. Some people don't want to hear that, but it is true. In most cases, they've seen the good - beaches, sunshine, etc., but they need to know the bad too before they uproot their lives.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Think about it. The people on here are either trying to move to CA or trying to move out of CA. This is a relocation forum, after all. It makes sense that most of the people on here with experience in CA, didn't love it, or they wouldn't be trying to leave. I think many (most?) posters wanting to move to CA have on rose colored glasses, and it may do some good to give them some reality. CA has a lot going for it, but it also has a lot of negatives. Some people don't want to hear that, but it is true. In most cases, they've seen the good - beaches, sunshine, etc., but they need to know the bad too before they uproot their lives.

Which is fine and known. However, it is not like there are tons of new people who come here to discuss reasons for moving away from California. Nope, it is the same handful of people who come here to vent, over the same details each day, over and over.

We get the point, please move. Good luck.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
You guys all make it sound as if we're paying Manhattan prices in rent. Try London, NYC, etc., than tell me about expensive!

I seem to know a whole lot of lower middle class people in CA who are happy and content and don't whine as much as the people on this board.

I rent an apartment, I'm 25, I manage.
That is entirely different than being married, trying to buy a house, have a baby, realize mom should/wants to stay home, but the house was too expensive... Yes, many are happy. Many are not.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Which is fine and known. However, it is not like there are tons of new people who come here to discuss reasons for moving away from California. Nope, it is the same handful of people who come here to vent, over the same details each day, over and over.

We get the point, please move.
well, that's who shows up on here. Can't help that. It is also the same questions that get asked over and over. The answer is pretty much always the same. I did move. Thank you.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
well, that's who shows up on here. Can't help that. It is also the same questions that get asked over and over. The answer is pretty much always the same. I did move. Thank you.
Sincere congratulations on your move.

I moved from NYC, you know how many times I have been in the NYC forum to vent my frustrations?

And there were plenty of things I didn't like about it, but what is the use in telling people who live there? To recruit them? To persuade them to be different? over the internet...come on!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:

We get the point, please move. Good luck.
And new people come to this site every day and should have the benefit of all points of view, not just that of those who love it here. They should hear from those who don't as well as those who do but feel it necessary to leave. Without those differing points of view they'll end up with an entirely skewed and overly influenced one themselves.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And new people come to this site every day and should have the benefit of all points of view, not just that of those who love it here. They should hear from those who don't as well as those who do but feel it necessary to leave. Without those differing points of view they'll end up with an entirely skewed and overly influenced one themselves.
So create a thread about your feelings of California, share your opinion and then let it be done.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Sincere congratulations on your move.

I moved from NYC, you know how many times I have been in the NYC forum to vent my frustrations?

And there were plenty of things I didn't like about it, but what is the use in telling people who live there? To recruit them? To persuade them to be different? over the internet...come on!!!
I think CA (and maybe NYC) are kind of unique and different than the rest of the country. People see shows like 90210 or Private Practice, and seem to think everyone lives on the beach, is beautiful, rich, etc. Like Sex and the City for NYC. I lived in Fresno and am here to tell you it is NOT like the CA you see on TV. I try not to be overly negative. It is my hometown, after all. But I try to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California