Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 19,749 times

Advertisements

Lundbar Hills in Eureka, CA is the best kept secret around for a place to live that is safe, beautiful, close to the beach, golf course, shopping and transportation. All of the houses in the neighborhood exhibit pride of ownership and are owner occupied. There is no problem with crime and it is safe to walk the streets to stretch your legs. If you love golf, the Muni Golf Course is only one block away. The beach is only 1/2 mile away. Redwood National Park is within 10 miles. Downtown Eureka with the beautiful Old Town and Harbor is only 5 miles. Close to the hospitals if you are a health care professional and schools if you are a teacher.

I live there and love it. It is built on bedrock and surrounded by redwood forest. It is an established community and a very special subdivision that is isolated from the rest of Eureka. It is the only upscale community in Eureka.

Houses have been for sale for a while because no one wants outsiders to know they are there. But, I feel differently. I am sharing the secret.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 01:55 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
I don't think you could pay me a million dollars to live in Eureka.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM

837 posts, read 1,710,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halonet View Post
Lundbar Hills in Eureka, CA is the best kept secret around for a place to live that is safe, beautiful, close to the beach, golf course, shopping and transportation. All of the houses in the neighborhood exhibit pride of ownership and are owner occupied. There is no problem with crime and it is safe to walk the streets to stretch your legs. If you love golf, the Muni Golf Course is only one block away. The beach is only 1/2 mile away. Redwood National Park is within 10 miles. Downtown Eureka with the beautiful Old Town and Harbor is only 5 miles. Close to the hospitals if you are a health care professional and schools if you are a teacher.

I live there and love it. It is built on bedrock and surrounded by redwood forest. It is an established community and a very special subdivision that is isolated from the rest of Eureka. It is the only upscale community in Eureka.

Houses have been for sale for a while because no one wants outsiders to know they are there. But, I feel differently. I am sharing the secret.

Gee I wonder if you happen to be in the real estate business?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:39 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,079 times
There's a reason they call it You REEKa...

Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
OP did not mention there's no work there, ever.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeluvr View Post
Gee I wonder if you happen to be in the real estate business?
my thoughts exactly or they have a house to sell!!!

Nita

Old 09-23-2009, 12:50 AM

10 posts, read 62,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
my thoughts exactly or they have a house to sell!!!

Nita
Nmnita, I have a question for you: Do you purposely peruse the forums labeled Arcata/Eureka so you can spill your hatred of the place all over?

I mean, how many times do you need to interject your disgust/disappointment before you get sick of it? I must have read every single post regarding Humboldt County, and in every single post, there are several piffy and elitist comments from you about the area.

Being helpful to newcomers or those who are interested in the area is one thing, but spewing your hate for the area at EVERY single post is childish and pathetic, and speaks to what an ugly, angry personality you must disgrace the world with every day.

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:59 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
How did you construe as hateful a post where Nita agrees that the intent of the original poster was commercial in nature? (which, by the way, is a violation of the site's TOS)

Old 09-23-2009, 06:03 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schm000ve1 View Post
Nmnita, I have a question for you: Do you purposely peruse the forums labeled Arcata/Eureka so you can spill your hatred of the place all over?

I mean, how many times do you need to interject your disgust/disappointment before you get sick of it? I must have read every single post regarding Humboldt County, and in every single post, there are several piffy and elitist comments from you about the area.

Being helpful to newcomers or those who are interested in the area is one thing, but spewing your hate for the area at EVERY single post is childish and pathetic, and speaks to what an ugly, angry personality you must disgrace the world with every day.

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.
what a what? disgrace???? not so. not angry... just givin' her 2 cents, man.

sheesh

kate

Old 09-23-2009, 12:18 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Lay off Nmnita, he/she is telling the truth. My house has lost $100K in value over the last couple of years,and prices are VERY low but nothing's moving. Sellers DO get desperate,especially if they're facing foreclosure,of which there are plenty going on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California