U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-23-2009, 07:25 PM

410 posts, read 652,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
First off, you're dense as all hell. I have stated multiple times that medical marijuana has been left alone more or less. Dispensaries require a prescription. There are guidelines issued by the state for how to grow and how to sell it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post

So explain the difference between MMJ and the regular Marijuana.
This should be enlightening.

Second, since Holder's statement, the DEA has been involved in at least one raid we know of(May in Bakersfield area).

Yeah Baby! One! Thats right, just ONE. Used to happen on a weekly basis.

Third, existing dispensaries means nothing to the Fed because they are there for medical purposes. If wholly legalized for recreational/OTC use and sale, there has been no promise at all from anyone at the Federal level that they would support this or allow it to happen. Holder merely stated that they will be leaving medical marijuana alone. Show me where he said that if legalized for recreational use he will bypass federal law and allow everyone to be able to purchase, grow, and sell marijuana freely. It is still a crime to possess marijuana in California without a prescription.

Ahhhh, get yer head out of the sand. I can guarandamntee that the majority of the 'Medical Marijuana Club" patients are just regular folk who want to enjoy their herb. The "laws" or "guidelines" are so loose anyone over 18 can get one for any number of reasons and since it's a Pot Dr. (aahhhh, another cottage industry) that you pay up to $250.00 to give you the script and this would be upon the first time he ever laid eyes on you. Your family practitioner ain't the one writing that script.

The only person lacking intelligent discourse is you, since you keep avoiding what I am saying and retorting with ad hominem attacks.

You just don't bring in enough real time info or first hand knowledge to play here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 07:41 PM

5,112 posts, read 12,122,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Ahhhh, get yer head out of the sand. I can guarandamntee that the majority of the 'Medical Marijuana Club" patients are just regular folk who want to enjoy their herb. The "laws" or "guidelines" are so loose anyone over 18 can get one for any number of reasons and since it's a Pot Dr. (aahhhh, another cottage industry) that you pay up to $250.00 to give you the script and this would be upon the first time he ever laid eyes on you. Your family practitioner ain't the one writing that script.

And that changes things how? Doctor-patient privilege makes it pretty difficult to prosecute people that do this. It's how doctors to the stars get away with prescribing all the crap they do to people that don't really need it. The government knows this, both state and federal. Those people are small time, though. The second most populous state having legal marijuana to all adults is a different story than a few crusty old potheads in Hayward. The Federal govt wouldn't pass up such a great opportunity for money making busting all these people growing, selling, and using marijuana and confiscating personal property for sale at auction on top of fines to boot, and that's not mentioning that they are compelled to enforce the laws currently on the books already. Conceding to medical marijuana is not the same as conceding to recreational marijuana. If it was, they would have already had a bill in Congress to repeal Federal pot laws

And you are seriously deluded if you think that legalized recreational marijuana would be shrugged at a federal level. If you can produce one quote from Obama, Holder, the DEA, or anyone else in power stating that they don't care about non-medical marijuana, then maybe I'll agree with your tenuous grasp on reality, but I haven't seen one iota of proof suggesting that.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 PM

The why won't you go to Welcome to Jack Herer's Home on the Web and get educated.

Loopholes, loopholes and more loopholes.

I guess we should all bow down and worship the government and become good little serfs a servants,,, d'oh,, I mean, for gosh sake, the government would never mislead us in any way shape or form, right? Or lie to us, RIGHT?

We must submit to them because they know what's best for us, RIGHT?

I deal in this arena on a daily basis. If I took pics of the doorway to one of these clinics you would see 8 out of 10 "patients" that have no real legitimate reason in the world to need a prescription.

Better yet. Go and stake out one of these clubs and personally watch that doorway. Until you do that you will remain,

"clueless in Kali"

And I'm waiting for you to describe the differences in the marijuana. You know. The "medical" kind and the "potheads" kind.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 PM

What does any of that have to do with the government enforcing the law, or what does any of that do to explain how the government would not enforce the law if marijuana was expanded from requiring a prescription and going to a dispensary to being able to purchase at the local 7-11 when you buy booze, or how national(or state) voters would allow it to happen unchecked?

You're deflecting, not answering questions.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:12 PM

Sir,

We are beating a dead horse here aren't we?

You are entrenched in your beliefs.

Me, in mine.

You will continue to hold the parties line and not give an inch or iota.

Facts. They are what they are.

Reality. It is what it is.

So as long as you do not infringe upon my personal life choices I will return the favor.

Alas, we shall never meet for a drink and discuss this matter because I do not imbibe in alcohols evil ways.

And I guess we will never share one of my PRIMO homegrown, non chemically enhanced, au natural, kick ass sativa or bombastic indicas, hand rolled and wrapped in natural made from marijuana papers.

Another missed opportunity, but life will go on.

I wish you a happy life and hope all will be good with you and yours.

Dinner time!

Old 07-23-2009, 11:09 PM

????

Guess you lost your reading comprehension skills along the way. Not hard to answer some direct questions

Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 AM

Oh crap. I can answer any question you have that relates to the real world of marijuananomics. You just refuse to open your mind. You tote the party line. You know better than all others.

You still have not told me the difference between Medical Marijuana and the Stoners marijuana and Hemp.

Keep yer head in the sand where it belongs on this issue. State of Cali says I can. Peoples choice by 50 + %. So I will and I do.

I've debated twits like you most of my life. Why not stay out of peoples personal choices when you have no grasp of the subject.

Your one bust since may is a big disappointment, and pal, that was the Mexi Cartel in the state lands around here. Not some local growers. Most of the growers out here are growing inside not out. Last big bust like that down here was at Van Nuys airport. Yeah, they had a hangar FULL of plants. Burglars broke in through the roof and the LEO responded and that's how they "discovered" it.

And as far as enforcing the law. This is California dude. How about cleaning up the real problem here. ILLEGAL CRIMINALS (immigrants) CROSSING THE BORDER and draining our state coffers. Oh, but hey, then who would mow YOUR lawn.

I'm more concerned with the flood of illegals than the residents who want to spark one up.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 AM

1,504 posts, read 3,712,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenoble_slopes View Post
The price would go down so low, a lot of people would pass up growing it themselves. Like with tobacco, you don't see people growing it in their homes do you? They would if tobacco was illegal. (just to give a simple hypothetical comparison - I don't know the botany of tobacco plants!)

This would strike a big blow to organized crime in California as well, ... well not just California, but it could cause a cascade effect bringing other states in on it. Mexico's problems would be reduced as the cartels would lose half of their profits. (and thus half of their power) Though the prison industry's lobbyists will fight hard to keep it illegal.
Tobacco is way cheaper, like I said. They are talking about charging a surtax of $50 per ounce of pot. That's as low as it'll go. A pack of cigarettes has about an ounce worth of tobacco and brand-name cigarettes retail for $5..6. That's a costly habit already (one pack a day = $200/month). Imagine that the price of tobacco goes up 10 times. Will people start growing their own tobacco? Heck yeah.

It's not particularly difficult to grow stuff in coastal CA climate. Even now you can go on Wikipedia and get detailed instructions how to plant/clone cuttings, how to grow cannabis, and how to harvest it. When a single seed can yield $500 worth of drug, it would be silly not to grow your own, so long as it's legal.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
Tobacco is way cheaper, like I said. They are talking about charging a surtax of $50 per ounce of pot. That's as low as it'll go. A pack of cigarettes has about an ounce worth of tobacco and brand-name cigarettes retail for $5..6. That's a costly habit already (one pack a day = $200/month). Imagine that the price of tobacco goes up 10 times. Will people start growing their own tobacco? Heck yeah.

It's not particularly difficult to grow stuff in coastal CA climate. Even now you can go on Wikipedia and get detailed instructions how to plant/clone cuttings, how to grow cannabis, and how to harvest it. When a single seed can yield $500 worth of drug, it would be silly not to grow your own, so long as it's legal.
I agree with you except on one point.

One plant will produce 1 to 1 1/2 POUNDS. Thats more like $6,400.00 at $400.00x16 oz's.

And yes I am rejoicing today because of the big bust up north. More Mexicans growing on our state and federal lands. Time to send them home.

If the Mexis figured it out, why are we so slow in realizing that WE should be planting those empty spaces and harvesting the crops.

Understand, we don't need FARMLAND to grow this plant. It does rather well on it's own for industrial usage if it's hemp.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:19 AM

1,817 posts, read 3,797,168 times
Eesh and we wonder why the dealers go into the biz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California