U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,680,181 times

Advertisements

Spent the day in Huntington Beach recently buying a car and everyone I dealt with at the dealership was nice as could be. The staff at the nearby restaurant was friendly and talkative. No horns blowing on Beach Blvd as I walked along it killing time while my car was being detailed and checked. Seemed like quite a nice place to this small town Northern Californian. Every time I've been to OC for theme park and beach vacations everyone was just "average" as far as being friendly goes. Didn't seem any less polite or friendly than my area of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:55 AM

16,422 posts, read 22,274,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Spent the day in Huntington Beach recently buying a car and everyone I dealt with at the dealership was nice as could be. The staff at the nearby restaurant was friendly and talkative. No horns blowing on Beach Blvd as I walked along it killing time while my car was being detailed and checked. Seemed like quite a nice place to this small town Northern Californian. Every time I've been to OC for theme park and beach vacations everyone was just "average" as far as being friendly goes. Didn't seem any less polite or friendly than my area of the state.
Well I would hope the service at car dealers and restaurants was good. Kinda hard to attract business and keep it otherwise.

EDIT: Ok that sounded very douchebaggery. What I meant was those place are generally going to have nicer people.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,499 times
Californians are so rude because they are all broke and super stressed out financially. When you are under so much financial stress you tend to be an ******* to everyone around you since you have become a super self-absorbed about getting your bills paid. The other big problem in california is that its full of non-english speaking immigrants who do not want to assimilate and learn to speak english. If you don't speak chinese, spanish, persian or korean you are considered an outsider and left out. california is not really part of america, its technically a foreign country full of immigrants but part of the usa. fact-nobody here cares about you unless you can do something for them. this is the ultimate rat race, thats why so many people in california are on drugs. theyre reality sucks and they need to escape and get high.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,669,032 times
they are reality sucks?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:45 AM

14,131 posts, read 27,018,995 times
Are Californians rude or do they just have higher expectations of their fellow man? Perhaps those who perceive rudness aren't living up to them.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,379,145 times
And to think he/she/it drove in late last night from the outer limits just to favor us with that insightful commentary.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,891,824 times
I moved from SoCal to Washington state 2 years ago. The people in WA are far more rude especially when they're behind the wheel.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,417,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Are Californians rude or do they just have higher expectations of their fellow man? Perhaps those who perceive rudness aren't living up to them.

My g/f has the same philosophy. Gotta love her.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:27 PM

811 posts, read 1,224,017 times
My theory is that people in extremely huge metro-plex type areas have the benefit/burden of perceived anonymity, so you're not "accountable to the community" for your actions, unless criminal. Rudeness is not criminal. In smaller communities, there's a very good chance that going around being rude to people will eventually come back to bite you in one way or another. In a NY or LA, chances are you'll never again see or encounter the 8 people you verbally abused yesterday. Now, you may get shot by the guy you flipped the bird to on the 405, but that's not too likely.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 PM

1,198 posts, read 2,043,985 times
because people here are spoiled bratty children, when they see a ball they don't wanna play with the ball, but when somebody else picks up the ball they wanna play with the ball, L.A. has an attention mentality, a star mentality about what's hot, people in SoCal care about whats cool and whats happening at the moment, what everyone else is paying attention too, following
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or