Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:48 PM
dak dak started this thread

14 posts, read 67,144 times

Advertisements

looking for a nice , affordable ,mild climate, small mountain town, in north cal.semi-retired, would like to find some acreage,to build retirment home,,any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 05:22 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,520,550 times
Lots of choices, what altitude? Sonora in Tuolumne county is nice. Twain Harte is great, same county. A lot of land available still at nice prices.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:08 PM

36,345 posts, read 15,949,897 times
Twain Harte, I know that place, or Burney Falls, anywhere east of Redding is wonderful and beautiful and probably still small.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:58 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,360,373 times
Snow or no snow? How far from major city? How small do you consider small? I totally agree with Burney, Ca, we love it there. Other places to consider are Quincy, Chester, Susanville, Alturas, Mt. Shasta (love it there).

Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 30,572 times
Look at Sutter Creek, Jackson, Pine Grove, Volcano, all in Amador County, Fist two bellow the snow, with in an hour of Sacramento. Second two a bit higher but smaller quieter, more relaxed feel. Sutter creek is the highest priced, but what a cute old gold-rush town! Jackson is the County seat, with great services. Amador County has the highest % of seniors of any CA. county. email me for more info: [email]mikepulskamp@mainstreetbrokers.com[/email]

Old 04-26-2007, 01:42 PM

49 posts, read 384,035 times
Default How about Rancho Murieta

How about Rancho Murieta. Inside the gates does not have a lot of land, but out side the gate does.

Rancho Murieta

Old 04-26-2007, 05:13 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,664,864 times
Placerville, Cameron Park, Georgetown (all on the low hills before Tahoe)

North of Amador County

Hop skip and a jump from Rancho Murieta

Old 04-26-2007, 05:28 PM

36,345 posts, read 15,949,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Placerville, Cameron Park, Georgetown (all on the low hills before Tahoe)

North of Amador County

Hop skip and a jump from Rancho Murieta
I lived in Placerville for 30 years, it was small and Cameron Park was non existent. My daughter's father still lives there and my father still has commercial property there. It is getting very big. Highway 50 is terrible for people going to Tahoe to ski or Apple season. How about Coloma? El Dorado county may have a few untapped areas at best. Like a previous post, Amador county or Calaveras county. Just my opinion. I am going to Sacramento in Sept to visit my daughter and we will go to Placerville I'm sure, on our way to Tahoe. I will check it out.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 AM

4 posts, read 15,446 times
Default hello

I'd say Redding or Cottonwood might be decent places to look. I was born and raised in Redding and have seen it grow a lot since then (I don't live there now - long story) but you can still buy land. And there are a lot of really friendly people there. It's not real fast-paced but offers enough in a small city kinda way.

Great fishing and boating in Shasta and Whiskeytown lakes (can't remember if you can fish in Whiskeytown) and in the Sacramento River. Check it out. I know an HONEST, non pushy realtor who could help you too that has spent her entire life in Shasta County. Prices are dropping there since the southern CA real estate market has slowed (trickle down effect).

Anyway, I just wanted to toss that out there to you. Good luck with your decision.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,915,469 times
Don't have to go very far North. Tehachapi is exactly what you've described!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California