U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,317,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatziGirl View Post
You are obviously too "classy" for this apartment, maybe for life anywhere but Costa Mesa. I suggest you move back there where the working classes won't be bothering you so much. Or maybe a better idea would be to join a convent.
Someone from that apartment or one of their guests whistled at me at two separate occasions as I walked out of my house. That is considered "low-class" behavior to whistle at a woman. Their apartment is faced towards the walkway so when they have the door open they can see me walking towards my apartment or leaving.

Sorry but whistling at your neighbor is trashy low-class behavior. It's bordering on sexual harassment.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Ohs

236 posts, read 426,613 times
I know exactly what you mean and YES this is low class behavior and don't let all these people on here try and make you feel bad about it. Low class people want to be seen and probably don't work and are bored and are looking for something interesting. You need to move out, check out apartments during the times after work and on weekends to see what the place looks like while people are home and the type of renters there are. People with manners and have some class are not disruptive and realize when they live in an apartment that they need to be aware of others and not be loud or make someone uncomfortable. I would never live in an apartment that allows this sort of behavior.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohs View Post
I know exactly what you mean and YES this is low class behavior and don't let all these people on here try and make you feel bad about it. Low class people want to be seen and probably don't work and are bored and are looking for something interesting. You need to move out, check out apartments during the times after work and on weekends to see what the place looks like while people are home and the type of renters there are. People with manners and have some class are not disruptive and realize when they live in an apartment that they need to be aware of others and not be loud or make someone uncomfortable. I would never live in an apartment that allows this sort of behavior.
Thank you. To be perfectly fair my neighbors do work but they get home early, like around 2 or 3 pm and from then on their door is open until 11-12 am. On the weekends it's open all day long.

I'm self-employed and I am home all day too yet I never leave my door open or talk on the phone outside...

Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 AM

7,844 posts, read 9,317,292 times
Beach + Door open = ahh nice breeze, it's a normal occurrence.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 AM

485 posts, read 1,038,895 times
The whistling would honestly freak me out, especially if I was a female living alone. I wouldn't want to go out when they were out there either - I totally understand where you are coming from. They definitely sound low-class to me; they need to get an apt. with a private patio or deck if they want to hang outside all day long! Can you move soon?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
The whistling would honestly freak me out, especially if I was a female living alone. I wouldn't want to go out when they were out there either - I totally understand where you are coming from. They definitely sound low-class to me; they need to get an apt. with a private patio or deck if they want to hang outside all day long! Can you move soon?
Yea my lease expires soon.

I am not threatened really because to be honest I'm not the type of female that's scared of anyone or anything, I consider myself pretty tough. I just think it's low-class behavior, that's all. I don't know if it's worth the hassle of me to move (because moving is a real pain). It just feels good to vent.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 AM

7,549 posts, read 7,100,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I think it's kind of "low class" when people leave their apartment door open all day and stand outside their apartment (like in front of their door) to hang out or talk to friends or talk on the cell. I never do any of those things. I am super quiet, never have guests over (am anti social) and I never open my blinds let alone leave the door open like that. I never understood why people like to "hang out" in front of their apartment. I personally am always indoors, I don't see a point to hanging out or standing outside in front of my door or talking on the cell in front of my apartment. It drives me crazy when my neighbors do that.

I just wanted to vent.
Boy. You really need to live completely apart from people. Or seek help.

I'm very anti-social, too ~ to the point that I view it as a problem. But even I sit outside my door sometimes to enjoy the sun and read, watch the world. In warm days I sometimes do leave my back door open to let the sunshine in. And I leave my blinds and curtains open during the day so that I can keep a watch on what goes on in my neighborhood.

Whistles? I guess that would depend on the who's doing the whistling, where, and the surrounding. But I'm not sensitive to that sort of thing like a lot of women are.

You have the right to vent. You have the right to be left alone. But you can't very well expect everyone else to stop living. I don't.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Maybe move to another place that is less friendly. Also how about a wireless system for the computer then you can put it wher ever you want.
Actually, there's no other place to put the desk in the livingroom... The other area is for the tv and there's no more space; I have a really big desk.

Also, I wouldn't be able to move my desk even if there was space and I would have to hire someone to move it for me (no, I don't have any friend or acquaintances I would ask). Either way there is no space, the only room is by the window where I can hear the neighbors talk, hang out etc.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Boy. You really need to live completely apart from people. Or seek help.

I'm very anti-social, too ~ to the point that I view it as a problem. But even I sit outside my door sometimes to enjoy the sun and read, watch the world. And I leave my blinds and curtains open so that I can keep a watch on what goes on in my neighborhood.
Do you live in a a house or apartment?

My apartment isn't real nice, it's safe but it's not pleasant looking where I would want to sit outside. The pool area is super tiny, no one can swim in there but toddlers, it's basically the size of a kids pool or something. There is a "bbq area" but that's in the middle of the all the apartments. I wouldn't want to sit there, I'd rather drive 10 min to the beach and sit there instead.

I feel it's safest if I keep a low profile... I don't want to draw any attention to myself because I am a single female living alone. Why would I want to sit outside my apartment and draw attention to myself? What if someone starts paying attention to me, finds out where I live, starts stalking me etc. I am a very safe person, I think it's safest if I keep a low profile. I would be this vigilant even if I lived in a very upscale place because you can get killed anywhere.

As for leaving the blinds open, I feel that it's unsafe to do so. I would not want any of my neighbors to know that I live alone. It's dangerous. Someone could perceive me as an easy target for murder, rape etc. Who knows. I think you can never be too safe.

Last edited by jackie100; 08-07-2009 at 02:13 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 01:16 AM

7,549 posts, read 7,100,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Do you live in a a house or apartment?

My apartment isn't real nice, it's safe but it's not pleasant looking where I would want to sit outside. The pool area is super tiny, no one can swim in there but toddlers, it's basically the size of a kids pool or something. There is a "bbq area" but that's in the middle of the all the apartments. I wouldn't want to sit there, I'd rather drive 10 min to the beach and sit there instead.

There's no place to sit outside to read etc.
I live in a very "lively" single-family culdesac now, but lived in apartments for a long time. And have had some doozies for neighbors. (Have had a few in this culdesac over the years, too.)

The beach sounds better, anyway. You have the therapeutic benefits of the ocean. Lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California