U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,471,580 times

Advertisements

For all folks who live in an apartment and keep your windows open during the summer... Is it normal to hear your neighbors laughing and talking if they have their windows and such open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 PM

11,715 posts, read 35,882,638 times
I live upstairs and leave my windows open for air otherwise my electric bill would be $500/mo from the AC. Yes, I can hear people. Just be glad your apartment doesn't smell like an ashtray courtesy of your neighbors.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,421,995 times
You're the same poster who stared the thread about the neighbors leaving their door open.
That thread was closed due to nasty remarks about Mexicans.
C'mon now.
Is it "normal" to start a similar thread again?
Maybe you could post these questions on the relationship forum where people help each other with relationship issues which you seem to have.
And of course it's normal.
It's summer and you live in an apartment complex.
What do you expect?!!!
And i say this with kindness but i think that you like to play the victim, you need some attention and you perceive problems and troubles with others due to your own issues.
That's my sense from reading your posts and i just had to say it ... sorry.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,421,995 times
And by the way, aside from what i said, i do feel for you.
I am also a very private person and i have lived in many situations with noise and a lack of privacy and i can't stand it.
It's very challenging to deal with other energies that are not compatible with yours and it sounds like, despite your personal issues, that is what you are dealing with.
So, i hope that at some point in the not too far away future you can find a living situation where you feel safe and secure and have privacy and quiet.
I am someone who needs home to be a sanctuary and refuge and i wish that for you as well.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I live upstairs and leave my windows open for air otherwise my electric bill would be $500/mo from the AC. Yes, I can hear people. Just be glad your apartment doesn't smell like an ashtray courtesy of your neighbors.
I guess I'm lucky then.. It doesn't smell like an ashtray... I can hear people laughing though... I can ALWAYS hear children playing outside in the courtyard (it's not just one particular neighbor's child, it's like ALL of them, ALL of the neighbors kids, a whole herd of em'). There's a bunch of them. They are always loud and screaming and laughing or something..

Sometimes I can even hear kids (they look like they are 11 or 12) skateboarding etc. It's probably worse because they are in summer session right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
You're the same poster who stared the thread about the neighbors leaving their door open.
That thread was closed due to nasty remarks about Mexicans.
C'mon now.
Is it "normal" to start a similar thread again?
Maybe you could post these questions on the relationship forum where people help each other with relationship issues which you seem to have.
And of course it's normal.
It's summer and you live in an apartment complex.
What do you expect?!!!
And i say this with kindness but i think that you like to play the victim, you need some attention and you perceive problems and troubles with others due to your own issues.
That's my sense from reading your posts and i just had to say it ... sorry.
This is a completely different topic! This is not about THOSE neighbors, these are about hearing any neighbor etc.. not just them... About hearing other tenants in general when living in a complex.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:21 PM

12,825 posts, read 20,065,870 times
I ... hear ... live people!

LOL!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 PM

7,379 posts, read 13,302,237 times
I just listen for the screaming sex. Laughing and talking don't interest me as much.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 AM

Also, I have ANOTHER neighbor (not the one I made a thread about) but one that lives right next to me and they are of the same ethnic background as me btw. They look very professional and clean cut, wears collared shirts to work, very polite, on their car it says "alumni" of a certain very good university etc
but they listen to "punk" music!

It's not loud and it doesn't disturb me except once I heard it when I was in the bedroom so I put my head to the wall to hear what the heck they were listening to and it was punk music with people screaming, kind of metal music sounding... It sounds like devil music... What kind of strange neighbors do I have?

Personally I listen to very mainstream pop and top 40, Britney, Christina Aguilera, dance music, sometimes some rap... but I can't believe my well educated neighbor who wears a suit to work listens to "scary sounding punk music"... It sounds "angry" like someone is screaming...

Kind of disturbing... I grew up listening to rap etc so gangsta rap doesn't scare me at all but punk music scares me for some reason cause the people are screaming... I listen to "mainstream" music and their music sounds VERY alternative but like "screaming punk" but my neighbor dresses professional. (He doesn't look like a punk). This is some crazy neighborhood.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:24 AM

163 posts, read 691,189 times
Wow, you are definitely not the apartment kind of person. Stop wasting your energies on what is annoying to you, and focus on what is good. That is what will come back to you.
Start looking for a place to live by yourself. Stop judging people.
Close your windows, close your doors, turn your own particular type of music up and dance until you can't dance anymore. You will be laughing so much that you won't even hear anyone else.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:42 AM

8,262 posts, read 26,271,337 times
Rent a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or