Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 PM

6 posts, read 18,381 times

Advertisements

Nightingale has a pretty good platform and credible political experience. She has a pretty neat looking website too www.nightingaleforgovernor.com

Also, the Constitution Party has a pretty good chance of winning over a GOP candidate nowadays. I seen this recent poll that shows the American people are sick of the two parties.

see for yourself Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

besides, when it comes to illegal immigration, our number one problem in California, the other candidates won't touch it because they see it as too politically sensitive. They would rather see Amnesty. Again, see for yourself here Path to legalization needed, GOP candidate Whitman says - Newsletter - SignOnSanDiego.com

These other candidates all represent one thing these days GREED. There is no clear opposition to this agenda anymore. It is all one big happy family that focuses on money. Heck the even support each other in the process. For example, Meg Whitman,the GOP candidate, has donated money to Barbara Boxer. See for yourself PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 24020111289 (Page 697 of 902)

See, there is no two party system. It is all a sham. There is one big progressive party running government.

Let's try our Constitution for a change. Yeah, The Constitution Party has my vote. I used to be a Republican, until "the party left me"

www.nightingaleforgovernor.com
www.constitutionparty.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 01:38 PM

6 posts, read 18,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
You'd have to examine her true record to realize the danger we'd be in if she were to have authority to call out national guard troops or commute sentences of convicts. Unfortunately she has taken steps to sanitize much of her record on the Save Our State forum so she can represent things instead of point to them. During her reign of "excitement" at SOS, she encouraged members to send financial support to another member who had been arrested for several felonies, but knowingly misrepresented the allegations of his crimes to her members. Later, after he plead guilty, welcomed him back and professed her love for him publicly even though the crimes he admitted were pointedly against the agenda of the organization. Drug dealing for one.
Why aren't you running for Governor? You seem to know it all and have it all figured out? What makes you so good? Why should I listen to you about other candidates running for governor? Are you even employed?

Old 12-17-2009, 03:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Red Bear View Post
Nightingale has a pretty good platform and credible political experience. She has a pretty neat looking website too www.nightingaleforgovernor.com

Also, the Constitution Party has a pretty good chance of winning over a GOP candidate nowadays. I seen this recent poll that shows the American people are sick of the two parties.

see for yourself Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

besides, when it comes to illegal immigration, our number one problem in California, the other candidates won't touch it because they see it as too politically sensitive. They would rather see Amnesty. Again, see for yourself here Path to legalization needed, GOP candidate Whitman says - Newsletter - SignOnSanDiego.com

These other candidates all represent one thing these days GREED. There is no clear opposition to this agenda anymore. It is all one big happy family that focuses on money. Heck the even support each other in the process. For example, Meg Whitman,the GOP candidate, has donated money to Barbara Boxer. See for yourself PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 24020111289 (Page 697 of 902)

See, there is no two party system. It is all a sham. There is one big progressive party running government.

Let's try our Constitution for a change. Yeah, The Constitution Party has my vote. I used to be a Republican, until "the party left me"

www.nightingaleforgovernor.com
www.constitutionparty.com

Uh....the Constitution Party runs on a Christian based religious platform that wants to force the bible and 'Christian values' on everyone. They are a religious theocratic party. Are you a fundamentalist Christian who wishes the bible should be the final say in all matters?

Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 AM

11 posts, read 26,035 times
Quote:
Sounds like this AyatollahGondola guy has a secret crush on Chelene Nightingale because he has a lot of unjustified animosity for someone running for office. I bet, he is one of those 42 year World of Warcraft gamers that still lives at home with his mommy and has nothing better do to but write smack about someone he can never be with.

Cheer up Ayatollah, you can still find love on E-harmony! I don't think any of those women in there are running for office.
Well, Mommy's been dead for some years, video games, which is what I assume the warcraft thing is, would bore me to tears, and Nightingale's attraction has always seemed highly overrated to me.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Why aren't you running for Governor? You seem to know it all and have it all figured out? What makes you so good? Why should I listen to you about other candidates running for governor? Are you even employed?
1) I chose charitable work instead
2) Yes
3) My wife
4) Because if you're reading this thread, you want to learn
5) Irrelevant, but yes...self-employed

Old 01-20-2010, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Uh....the Constitution Party runs on a Christian based religious platform that wants to force the bible and 'Christian values' on everyone. They are a religious theocratic party. Are you a fundamentalist Christian who wishes the bible should be the final say in all matters?
It sounds to me like you've never read the party's platform. in fact, I know for sure that you have not.
If you read their preamble here: [url=http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Preamble]Constitution Party Platform[/url]
and if you put ur bias aside for just a little, you will understand that yes, their view is that this country was based on biblical views, just like the founding fathers thought, the only non religious person was probably Thomas Paine.. but they admire the fact that this country was founded on christian principles but not ANYWHERE in their platform do they say that the Bible is the supreme law of the land. Which is what YOUR definition of fundamentalist Christian would be.
In fact, when they talk about abortion, gambling, or anything else they never ever refer to a bible quote, but they go back to the Constitution, and the words of the Founding Fathers themselves.

I am not a Christian, but I am darn proud to belong to the Constitution party because they're the only ones who have it right at the moment. Their platform is clear and straightforward.

And since Chelene Nightingale was endorsed by the Constitution Party, I am definitely going to be voting for her as CA Governor.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masticatedwine View Post
It sounds to me like you've never read the party's platform. in fact, I know for sure that you have not.
If you read their preamble here: Constitution Party Platform
and if you put ur bias aside for just a little, you will understand that yes, their view is that this country was based on biblical views, just like the founding fathers thought, the only non religious person was probably Thomas Paine.. but they admire the fact that this country was founded on christian principles but not ANYWHERE in their platform do they say that the Bible is the supreme law of the land. Which is what YOUR definition of fundamentalist Christian would be.
In fact, when they talk about abortion, gambling, or anything else they never ever refer to a bible quote, but they go back to the Constitution, and the words of the Founding Fathers themselves.

I am not a Christian, but I am darn proud to belong to the Constitution party because they're the only ones who have it right at the moment. Their platform is clear and straightforward.

And since Chelene Nightingale was endorsed by the Constitution Party, I am definitely going to be voting for her as CA Governor.
Actually... I have read the platform numerous times, and every time I read it I dislike the party more and more. STATE and RELIGION should be separate at ALL TIMES.

I will never vote for someone who pushes their religious views on anyone. You can have religious views of course, that's part of our constitution, but I don't give a flying crap about your bible and it should have nothing to do with the way this state is governed.

All they are doing is twisting the constitution to fit their biblical needs. Sorry, but that's a no go for me.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,521,589 times
Quote:
their view is that this country was based on biblical views, just like the founding fathers thought, the only non religious person was probably Thomas Paine.
Well, no. This country was founded on Deist Principles. Even George Washington was known to seldom if ever darken the doorway of a church. Jefferson religious? mmm

Even John Adams stated that the country was in no way founded as a Christian nation.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:25 PM

I remember Chelena's signature at the bottom of most of her emails during her time at Save Our State:

"God Forgive America"

My wife is a church-going Catholic, and asked me why she put that on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California