Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:50 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,697,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Look pal, if you want spelling and grammar corrections, you've come to the right place ... Had to re-name my English teacher mother: GrammarMom after I had kids of my own ... she corrected my letters from Vietnam -- and returned them marked in red ink along with her news from home (true story). Hint: anyone of those who dislike me on this forum (you many know who you are), if you want to get me twisted, keep on misusing apostrophes ... your for you're, their for they're ... and the like ... same as scratching fingernails on a blackboard here. On the other hand, when you do use those weapons, you make yourselves look like fools ... so ....

Meanwhile, back at the Grammar Ranch:
you want to talk wieners and spelling both? Fine. Here's a Weiner in trouble:

and here are wieners in trouble

and here is a wiener dog about to be in trouble if the Humane Society doesn't show up quick
Hahaa, I see your mom made sure you knew the difference between a weiner and a wiener. I'm definately guilty of typing quickly on forums and making plenty of typos.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 01:51 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,039,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Hahaa, I see your mom made sure you knew the difference between a weiner and a wiener. I'm definately guilty of typing quickly on forums and making plenty of typos.

Derek

It's spelled "definitely" not "definately"

Old 10-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
It's spelled "definitely" not "definately"
Case in point! Maybe I should start using the spell checker. Nah, I'll let you guys do that.

Derek

Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 PM

194 posts, read 505,937 times
Came to California after college, broke. Played in the San Bernardino Mountains while working at a camp job that payed peanuts. I was voluntarily homeless (a good reason to go camping every weekend and all summer!). Then I met my current wife, got married in a park, got a job up in Chico, and now I'm painting my newly purchased house and planning my garden while living in Paradise and expecting my first child.

California Dreaming worked for me.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:38 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingLenticular View Post
Came to California after college, broke. Played in the San Bernardino Mountains while working at a camp job that payed peanuts. I was voluntarily homeless (a good reason to go camping every weekend and all summer!). Then I met my current wife, got married in a park, got a job up in Chico, and now I'm painting my newly purchased house and planning my garden while living in Paradise and expecting my first child.

love it

Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,039,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingLenticular View Post

My dad's parents are buried in the Paradise cemetery. It's a nice place to live and to be dead.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:18 PM

38,886 posts, read 22,870,508 times
Quote:
Case in point! Maybe I should start using the spell checker. Nah, I'll let you guys do that.

Derek
In that case, nullgeo and I can be the grammar and spell check police on here. Or you can use a browser with an interactive spell checker, like Firefox.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
In that case, nullgeo and I can be the grammar and spell check police on here. Or you can use a browser with an interactive spell checker, like Firefox.
Hmm, interesting. I didn't know FF could work like that in a forum. Maybe between you guys and another browser, I'll finally clean up my act. Hahaa

Derek

Old 10-25-2011, 10:58 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
Quote:
Hmm, interesting. I didn't know FF could work like that in a forum. Maybe between you guys and another browser, I'll finally clean up my act. Hahaa

Derek
Well sirs, I don't guess the California dream requires great grammar or spelling ... I snark at a few folks every once in a while for funnies, but basically endeavor to suffer my neurosis in silent, solitary pain as much as possible. This linguistic OCD is a terrible affliction I wouldn't wish on others really ... I was infected at an early age and it appears incurable, so I'll just have to suffer it. (Oooops! Did I just end that last sentence with a preposition?! -- God, maybe there's hope?!)

Old 10-26-2011, 12:36 AM

38,886 posts, read 22,870,508 times
Quote:

Derek
Now, Derek, I'm really surprised that you didn't know this, being that you work as a software engineer. I use Firefox as my main web browser, including on this forum, and the interactive spell checker alerts me to typos with a red squiggly line under the misspelled word (kind of like Microsoft Word).

As far as cleaning up your act--keep posting your beautiful nature photos here and I think some of us would be able to overlook your occasional spelling inaccuracies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California