Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 08:52 PM

9 posts, read 31,999 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Ventura in June, and I'm currently shopping around for car insurance. GEICO, Allstate, Farmers, Progressive, etc. Lots of quotes.

I'm wondering about your experiences with car insurance companies in CA. Not prices for policies, but how you felt about the company itself and your dealings with them. Customer service, time frame, how they handled an accident you were in, etc.

I'm hoping to base my decision on my quoted policy prices as well as the reputation of the company.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 11:55 AM

10,408 posts, read 2,589,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTelcontar View Post
I'll be moving to Ventura in June, and I'm currently shopping around for car insurance. GEICO, Allstate, Farmers, Progressive, etc. Lots of quotes.

I'm wondering about your experiences with car insurance companies in CA. Not prices for policies, but how you felt about the company itself and your dealings with them. Customer service, time frame, how they handled an accident you were in, etc.

I'm hoping to base my decision on my quoted policy prices as well as the reputation of the company.

Thanks!
I live in Ventura County and have Farmers. Been with them for about 10 years and have been happy with them. We have our house, our business, cars, everything with them. I like having an agent. Call him & he takes care of things.

A lot of people like 21st Century. There rates were higher than what we pay with Farmers, but people pay it.

The only negative was State Farm. Not a personal experience, but my sister had a horror story with them. Her car was stolen from in front of her house & crashed. The insurance company went back and forth for at least a month, maybe 6 weeks about whether they were going to fix it or total it. They paid for a tiny rental car for her, but she has 4 kids & this made life miserable during those months. She got the run around every time she called them. Finally after threatening them with a lawsuit they gave her money to get a new car. I dont know all the details of the settlement, but she cancelled her insurance with them. She was very unhappy.

I dont know if I have helped you or not. Hope so!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:32 PM

9 posts, read 31,999 times
Yes, it was quite helpful! Thank you.

And bleh, definitely a horror story with your sister. Sorry to hear about that!

Old 05-11-2007, 03:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,017 times
Default Cheapest/Best agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTelcontar View Post

Thanks!
I found some links to some rankings. Unfortunately, its not for CA, but I think that for most of the big nation-wide insurers, you are going to notice some uniformity in their customer service and pricing. Here are the links
- Top 10 Best Auto Insurance Agents in Austin (broken link)
-Top 10 Cheapest Car Insurance Agents (Austin) (broken link)

With GEICO and Progessive being Direct Insurers (via internet, no physical agent), I'm sure that there price and Customer Service info is accurately reflected in this article................and by reflected I mean it applies to CA as well..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California