U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-18-2009, 10:26 PM

9 posts, read 12,210 times
Default Murrieta?

I want to move to southern California, but also need a more affordable place to live. I would also like to be able to take day trips to the beach, hiking, San Diego, or LA. Apartments there seem to be $800-900 for a decent size, which would be good. I work from home as a freelance writer. What is Murrieta like? What is there to do? Is there a good rec/community center? A nice library? Does anyone know about the Waterstone at Murrieta apartment complex? It looks good in the pictures and the price is good, but it's hard to tell from pictures. I'm 25 moving from Boise.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 11:23 PM

3,656 posts, read 6,736,694 times
Harmony,

I have some friends moving out there to buy a house. They live in the South Bay (Torrance) right now and it is too expensive for them to buy. And other are snatching up deals there now as well after the recent crash.

Where are you moving from just out of curiousity and how much of CA have you seen? Murrieta is kind of unique in that it lies between LA, the Inland Empire and North County San Diego. So that is kind of nice. I think it is still considered a part of the Inland Empire although at the fringes and way better in terms of pollution. San Bernardino has some of the worst pollution in the nation due to its geography (bowl effect) and proximity to LA (directly east).

I don't live there so I would recommend asking this question on the inland empire sub forum for the details about ammenities. If you do a search there you will see a lot of ppls opinions of the city - some like some not so much. The main complaint seems to be the commute as some ppl move there for the affordable housing but still drive to their old jobs in LA, OC or SD.

Anyway for your budget it sounds like a good option IMO.

Derek

Old 09-21-2009, 11:34 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,833,023 times
I would recommend searching in the Inland Empire sub-forum for Murrieta... you should be able to find a few threads in there with some useful information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California