Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:12 PM

302 posts, read 862,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post

I hear these definitions of "liberals" and and I wonder what non existent species they are talking about.

Look, Liberal comes from the latin word "Liber" which means free. A liberal is a free person, open to diverse strains of thought and able to function without strange fixations on politico/religious ideas.

It is pretty tough to be a conservative without worrying about "what is happening to "whatever".
Clarks, here it is--

"Liberal" has become synonymous with the democratic party, which has, coincidentally, had a stronghold on California for some time now. They are also known for excessive spending in support of a lot of social programs that people now think have been driving California into bankrupcty (such as support of illegal immigrants, something liberals would view as a "diversity" thing)

"Conservative", on the other hand, tends to embody the southern (and mid-west) states values as they stand now and is synonymous with the GOP, or Republicans.

John McCain-conservative. Sarah Palin-very conservative. Barack Obama-liberal to moderate liberal. Republican-red. Democrat-blue. See?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,507,540 times
No, that is your emotional reaction, not valid. You conservatives crack me up, on one hand you whine about liberals creating government services, and on the other you whine because the services in California are poor..

I like illegals, neither you nor I could get our salads without them.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:

wtf? I could grow my own lettuce and veggies, if that's what you're referring to. Our (american, legal) neighbors certainly do!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
wtf? I could grow my own lettuce and veggies, if that's what you're referring to. Our (american, legal) neighbors certainly do!
Here is a project for you, determine your annual consumption of veggies, then determine the amount you could grow in your yard, now, extrapolate that out to all the citizens of this country, including urbanites.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Here is a project for you, determine your annual consumption of veggies, then determine the amount you could grow in your yard, now, extrapolate that out to all the citizens of this country, including urbanites.
Our annual consumption of pizza is by far larger. Not too many veggies here.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 PM

and there you go, regarding vegetables, most people will buy them in the store, there by requiring illegals to tend and harvest.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:31 PM

34 posts, read 110,211 times
I am extremely conservative young person and I just moved to San Diego. I don't plan on leaving anytime. If they raise my taxes, I will find a way around them. I have a business, I will get creative! Yeah, the laws can be encroaching but there is no other red state on the water in the southwest!

By the way, the comment about no salads without illegals is bogus and makes me think you 've lived in California for too long, and you are afraid to get your hands dirty! The American value of hard work is still alive and well. It doesn't matter whether you are white collar or blue collar. Most of Americans are not snobs like your post depicted.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,207,111 times
Quote:
Oh really?This may surprise a few of you,but on a trip last year to the interior of Northern California,in places that the illegals have not overun as yet,all of the so called menial jobs,the ones that suppposedly only illegals will take,were filled by whites.It was refreshing to walk into a restaurant,either fast food or conventional,and not hear a word of Spanish being spoken.All the counter and kitchen help,dishwashers,busboys,food servers,and cashiers were all non Hispanic whites.Same thing in stores,markets,gas stations,motels,etc.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
By the way, the comment about no salads without illegals is bogus and makes me think you 've lived in California for too long, and you are afraid to get your hands dirty! The American value of hard work is still alive and well. It doesn't matter whether you are white collar or blue collar. Most of Americans are not snobs like your post depicted.
I will answer you and blackshoe very simply, spend a month driving around the fields, find a non Hispanic working in the fields. Now, you could ask them if they are legal or not, but I have a safer idea, ask me. 85 to 90% of the field workers are illegal.

Capitalist, your statement about snobs, makes no sense, and your conclusion, while idealistic, is naive. The proof is in the pudding, take the tour I suggest.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,329,353 times
Poor native born used to do those jobs. Now, poor native born are on welfare, at the ever expanding government teat, meanwhile, we import the labor they used to comprise. A great racket for the government-SEIU complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California