Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 05:56 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Gracias, DMenscha!
Stockton City has a webpage with a list of "things to do": City of Stockton, CA - Things to do in Stockton
Stockton Bob Hope Fox Theater is hopping hot in the month of Feb 2012........
https://www.ticketmaster.com/mycart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 08:13 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,949,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriRose View Post
It has potential to be a great city. Location, weather, water ways, dog parks, golf courses, the arena, The Stockton Ports.... are all great things the city has to offer. In general, it's poorly run, littered, parks are a mess with graffiti, too many people living in/on a hand-out system where they are not required to give anything in return. There are very nice parts of Stockton and there are very bad parts of Stockton.
I don't know if Stockton is the worst... I lived there for 1 year and can compare I guess--It's not as bad as, say, Richmond, CA or other places that are next to oil refineries. A realtor told me that a lot of residential development in Stockton happened over former industrial areas (soil contamination/volatile compounds).

Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
I don't know if Stockton is the worst... I lived there for 1 year and can compare I guess--It's not as bad as, say, Richmond, CA or other places that are next to oil refineries. A realtor told me that a lot of residential development in Stockton happened over former industrial areas (soil contamination/volatile compounds).
Bulldogcrap. Farmland.

A lot of the Downtown business area was some what industrialized over 100 years ago. The areas around the port that are industrialized have been that way since the 1800's. There is a large Superfund clean up site that used to be a Creosote factory. But that has never been a residential area.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,858,110 times
I don't know if it's the worst city in America, but it's certainly one of the worst I've been to. Every time I am there, there is just a pervading sense of danger and ghetto atmosphere everywhere. It's not an enjoyable place to be.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:56 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
I don't know if it's the worst city in America, but it's certainly one of the worst I've been to. Every time I am there, there is just a pervading sense of danger and ghetto atmosphere everywhere. It's not an enjoyable place to be.

Unless you hang around charter way or other parts of south stockton at 2am looking for companionship, I find this to be a bit exaggerated. I stopped off March Lane at In N out the other day. Bunch of families and high school kids in Volkswagons...

Stockton is nothing fancy, but if you actually get a chance to travel the country you will see some real pits. Take the 80 east and go thru southern Wyoming or an Amtrak through West Virginia hill country and get back to me.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,858,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Unless you hang around charter way or other parts of south stockton at 2am looking for companionship, I find this to be a bit exaggerated. I stopped off March Lane at In N out the other day. Bunch of families and high school kids in Volkswagons...

Stockton is nothing fancy, but if you actually get a chance to travel the country you will see some real pits. Take the 80 east and go thru southern Wyoming or an Amtrak through West Virginia hill country and get back to me.
The worst ghettoes I've seen are in the east coast. I haven't seen the same amount of decrepitness on the West Coast except for parts of Los Angeles.

However, Stockton is pretty bad. I've been there several times, even the nice areas feel depressing.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:19 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Worst city in the USA? More like worst city in the world.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:22 AM

63 posts, read 82,416 times
I live in Santa Rosa,CA and i never been to Stockton. So i dont know.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Bulldogcrap. Farmland.

A lot of the Downtown business area was some what industrialized over 100 years ago. The areas around the port that are industrialized have been that way since the 1800's. There is a large Superfund clean up site that used to be a Creosote factory. But that has never been a residential area.
I guess people who're naive and inexperienced think that only officially designated superfund sites have soil contamination. So take your bulldogcrap back. What a stupidity and ignorance.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I stopped off March Lane at In N out the other day. Bunch of families and high school kids in Volkswagons...
Yeah, you managed to stop in one of the few "nicer" areas. This is not descriptive of the city though, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California