Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
For a mayor of a bankrupt city to say such a thing is frankly completely stupid.
Considering that historically, "the gay sinners"have moved into places that are economically depressed and revitalize, restore, open businesses and rejuvenate those cities with $$$$$$.
What an idiot!
Nice way to incite a riot.

For a mayor of a city paved with gold to say that is completely stupid. But, he's religious, so therefore he's brainwashed and irrational, so he can't help it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 01:28 AM

18 posts, read 326,767 times
Mayor Davis was asked for his personal opinion in the matter and he told the truth. That is what he believes in and yet all the neo-hippies and liberals are attacking him for the same thing that they have been asking for in politics for decades, freedom of speech and honesty. One of the concerns that Vallejoans should be worried about is the proven fact that hard working families are being kicked out of their rental homes so that one or two affluent newcomers can move in. Families are becoming homeless just because someone from two counties over saw a house they thought would be fun to remodel. People say its good for the city but what I see is are more and more homeless people in Vallejo everyday. Most of the annomosity against gays are related to the fact that people know that the more gay citizens move to Vallejo the higher the chance they will lose their home. This isn't just my opinion, all you have to do is find a group of homeless people in Vallejo and at least one will tell you the same thing.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:54 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
I don't think there is a sane adult on this forum who takes what this mayor says seriously. He has about as much clout as Ron Dellums.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:04 AM

257 posts, read 407,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
LOL @ "heaven" an imaginary fairly land for adults scared of death.
There's nothing wrong with wondering, and even thinking of, what might happen after you physically die. You may go somewhere else, you may not, no one knows.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:54 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
There's nothing wrong with wondering, and even thinking of, what might happen after you physically die. You may go somewhere else, you may not, no one knows.

Religious people claim they know. They are sure of it, without any evidence. These people also vote and raise children.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
I don't know which I was more offended by....the mayor's statement, or the snotty comments from militant atheist know it alls who look down on religous people and stereotype them. 2 kinds of arrogance with different disguises.

I agree with Boompa....it sure seems like the mayor ought to have other things to focus on given the city is in bankruptcy.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:41 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,519,970 times
Quote:
from militant atheist know it alls
It would seem to me that religious people are the "know it alls", since there is no evidence that after one dies existence continues, yet millions of people "know" existence continues.

It would appear to me that the only logical position on the issue would be, "dunno".

Militant atheist is pretty funny, I picture the atheists all dressed in their atheist white robes with their atheist signs attacking churches, and burning crosses, Oh darn, I forgot, the people who attacked churches and burned crosses were Christians, all dressed up in their white robes, Conservative Christians.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPerez707 View Post
Most of the annomosity against gays are related to the fact that people know that the more gay citizens move to Vallejo the higher the chance they will lose their home.
Oh, that's hilarious. So now gays are to blame for heterosexuals losing their homes?

Unreal.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 11-29-2009 at 08:57 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,847 times
Default Surprised

I am considering buying property in Vallejo but this kind of controversy makes me think twice. With the city bankrupt and local people telling me about the high crime rate, does not this Mayor have enough official business to do?

Old 08-29-2010, 04:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
free speech...i love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California