U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 PM

7,156 posts, read 18,404,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
San Diego and LA are the cities that have failed to address it, and they are the cities with the problems.

What are the problems? Specifics, not stuff you've seen from the window of your apartment.

They want to get high and who cares if it was grown in a national forest by a Mexican cartel.

You claim that there are grow houses everywhere yet you later suggest that it's grown by a Mexican cartel in a national forest. Which is it, please provide links.
Many of the customers who frequent the MMJ dispensary appear to be gang members. Most are 20-something males with thug attire. Many decide to sample their purchase in the car on the residential street next to the pot shop. Many decide to dispose of their garbage out the window of their car. Many decide to blast their stereo, have a drink and hang out with their friends for a half-hour or so after they purchase their "meds". Did I mention this dispensary is across the street from a childcare facility?

I've seen it with my own eyes and reported it to the police. I don't have to prove anything to you.

If you can't accept the chance that your pot was grown by a cartel, or an ex-con, or a guy in a growhouse next to a house with a toddler in it, you are lying to yourself. Until MMJ is regulated from the grower to the stoner, it is still mostly the domain of criminals. You buy pot, you support an economy which includes hardcore drug dealers. Ask yourself if you are truly OK with that.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,547,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Many of the customers who frequent the MMJ dispensary appear to be gang members. Most are 20-something males with thug attire. Many decide to sample their purchase in the car. Many decide to dispose of their garbage out the window of their car. Many decide to drink and hang out with their friends for a half-hour or so after they purchase their "meds". Did I mention this dispensary is across the street from a childcare facility?

I've seen it with my own eyes. I don't have to prove anything to you.

If you can't accept the chance that your pot was grown by a cartel, or an ex-con, or a guy in a growhouse next to a house with a toddler in it, you are lying to yourself. Until MMJ is regulated from the grower to the stoner, it is still mostly the domain of criminals. You buy pot, you support an economy which includes hardcore drug dealers.
First, you are talking about one dispensary out of about 2,000 in Southern California alone. I take it you work, so I'm sure you haven't had time to watch every single patient enter the dispensary by your home. Otherwise you'd actually notice a few people who look like they need help. For the others that you judge, how do you know that they have illnesses that aren't visible? Traditional Western medicine does not work for everyone.

By the way, you should have to prove your statements given the fact that you are a moderator on this great forum. Nothing wrong with being held accountable.

Which brings me back to medicinal cannabis. The Mexican cartel cannabis is just awful. There's no way that stuff goes to the dispensaries because the lack of quality would limit new patients. Why do they need to settle for some cartel brick weed when they can sell organic, well manicured cannabis for a 45 donation?

I don't care who grows it as long as they are passionate about what they do and support the cause for safe access to medicinal cannabis.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Which brings me back to medicinal cannabis. The Mexican cartel cannabis is just awful. There's no way that stuff goes to the dispensaries because the lack of quality would limit new patients. Why do they need to settle for some cartel brick weed when they can sell organic, well manicured cannabis for a 45 donation?
You are confused. Mexican Cartels have been growing first-grade marijuana on the same US parkland that the US growers do for over 10 years. I am not talking about mexican brickweed. Even before the Mexicans moved in, US growers were notorious for their use of weapons, boobytrapping, bribery, and growing on public lands.

The MJ trade is full of criminals. People with guns. People who trash forest lands. Guys who steal electricity and risk burning down the entire neighborhood. The guys who grow pot have little regard for public or private property and almost no regard for the safety of their neighbors.

For obvious reasons I am not willing to get too specific, but accept that I have some experience in this area.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
You are confused. Mexican Cartels have been growing first-grade marijuana on the same US parkland that the US growers do for over 10 years. I am not talking about mexican brickweed. Even before the Mexicans moved in, US growers were notorious for their use of weapons, boobytrapping, bribery, and growing on public lands.
Yes you are, because if you had any clue you'd realize that the cartels don't give a crap about quality and that would never pass in any of the thousands of dispensaries in Southern California. There's too much competition for that crap.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:

The MJ trade is full of criminals. People with guns. People who trash forest lands. Guys who steal electricity and risk burning down the entire neighborhood. The guys who grow pot have little regard for public or private property and almost no regard for the safety of their neighbors.

For obvious reasons I am not willing to get too specific but based on your level of knowledge of this topic, you will have to accept that I have some specific experience in this area.
Just more reason to legalize it and get it right. Provide safe access for people that need it and weed out (pun intended) the people that don't.

More than ever, California needs to take advantage of this trade rather than impose backwards conservative ideology that helps no one.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Yes you are, because if you had any clue you'd realize that the cartels don't give a crap about quality and that would never pass in any of the thousands of dispensaries in Southern California. There's too much competition for that crap.
No offense to you, but your experience and knowledge is probably fairly limited on this topic.

Do you know where the Mattole Road is? A person very close to me has spent every summer of his life up there.

Accept the reality, the Mexicans grow first-class bud too. It is not hard a hard plant to grow.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Just more reason to legalize it and get it right. Provide safe access for people that need it and weed out (pun intended) the people that don't.

More than ever, California needs to take advantage of this trade rather than impose backwards conservative ideology that helps no one.
You obviously have not taken the time to read my posts.

I am actually pro-legalization (for everyone) and pro-regulation of MJ.

What I am against is use of sick people as a sham and fraud in legalizing MJ without appropriate regulation.

As I said above... most aren't interested in the reality as it ruins the fantasy... that's fine... but lying to yourself is still lying.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
No offense to you, but your experience and knowledge is probably fairly limited on this topic.

Do you know where the Mattole Road is? A person very close to me has spent every summer of his life up there.

Accept the reality, the Mexicans grow first-class bud too. It is not hard a hard plant to grow.
No it's not a hard plant to grow, but to grow & cure the right way, it takes a lot of time and care. The cartels as a whole have never done it the right way. They care more about profits & paranoia rather than quality and the results are clear. They are losing out in the dispensary industry because they have failed to adapt. The social conservatives love to bring up the Mexicans, but in reality, in 2009, they don't hold a candle to all the private growers that are working around the clock with most dispensaries.

BTW, these two sentences back-to-back cracked me up!

For obvious reasons I am not willing to get too specific but based on your level of knowledge of this topic, you will have to accept that I have some specific experience in this area.

Hilarious!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
The social conservatives love to bring up the Mexicans, but in reality, in 2009, they don't hold a candle to all the private growers that are working around the clock with most dispensaries.
I am no social conservative.

Take the Mexicans out of the equation then.

How many grows next door to homes with children in them? (many)
How many grows steal electricity? (many)
How many grows with weapons in the house? (many)
How many grows get robbed? (many)
How many grows pay taxes? (none)
How many grows operate unlicensed businesses in residential zones? (all of them)

If you know this business as well as you say you do, then you know exactly what I am talking about.

Legalization and regulation means pot gets grown in warehouses away from families and the growers pay taxes. But until that day, it is a crime-ridden black market. Period.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I am no social conservative.

Take the Mexicans out of the equation then.

How many grows next door to homes with children in them?
How many grows steal electricity?
How many grows with weapons in the house?
How many grows get robbed?

If you know this business as well as you say you do, then you know exactly what I am talking about.
Roughly 15% for every question. Which is more reason to legalize it. There's plenty of data that suggests when it becomes decriminalized crime drops. Just look at the LA County figures from the past three years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California