Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:23 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,853,755 times

Advertisements

Arnold's handling of the State economy is a total disaster.Between him and the equally inept State legislature millions of Californians are losing out.The State budget deficit.Arnold refuses to cut benefits to Illegals and states that it isn't that much. It would actually be between 1/4 - 1/2 of of the deficit.
The furloughs are really hurting not only the State workers but also hurting the general population. The State of California needs to outsource it's prison population to other States,instead of paying a bloated , corrupt prison guards Union all that money.Let the prisoners go to contracted companies(for half or less) out of state.It would greatly help out Law Enforcement and break up the state's entrenched prison gangs.Let them lift weights and try to figure out their scams somewhere else.Who cares if they can't get visitors,it's supposed to be a punihment,maybe we should do what Arizona's Great sherriff Joe Arpaio does?
The rest of the states legislature is also a JOKE from Karen Bass and now J. Perez? If this doesn't smack of corruption I don't know what else does.The only person the State can find as it's new speaker is Villaraigosa's cousin?This is like the nepotism and corruptrion you find in Latin America and the 3rd world!!!
Arnold is so out of touch and that includes his SPOILED Princess of a wife who the media sees breaking laws(Parking in a NO PARKING red zone and sending out state staff to avoid getting ticketed,talking on the cellphone while driving).This piece of work was born with a golden spoon in her mouth and hasn't had to work a day in her life.Hopefully in future elections we can vote out these clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 07:59 PM

30,853 posts, read 36,738,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Arnold's handling of the State economy is a total disaster.Between him and the equally inept State legislature millions of Californians are losing out.The State budget deficit.Arnold refuses to cut benefits to Illegals and states that it isn't that much. It would actually be between 1/4 - 1/2 of of the deficit.
The furloughs are really hurting not only the State workers but also hurting the general population. The State of California needs to outsource it's prison population to other States,instead of paying a bloated , corrupt prison guards Union all that money.Let the prisoners go to contracted companies(for half or less) out of state.It would greatly help out Law Enforcement and break up the state's entrenched prison gangs.Let them lift weights and try to figure out their scams somewhere else.Who cares if they can't get visitors,it's supposed to be a punihment,maybe we should do what Arizona's Great sherriff Joe Arpaio does?
The rest of the states legislature is also a JOKE from Karen Bass and now J. Perez? If this doesn't smack of corruption I don't know what else does.The only person the State can find as it's new speaker is Villaraigosa's cousin?This is like the nepotism and corruptrion you find in Latin America and the 3rd world!!!
Arnold is so out of touch and that includes his SPOILED Princess of a wife who the media sees breaking laws(Parking in a NO PARKING red zone and sending out state staff to avoid getting ticketed,talking on the cellphone while driving).This piece of work was born with a golden spoon in her mouth and hasn't had to work a day in her life.Hopefully in future elections we can vote out these clowns.
I am all for not giving benefits to people here illegally, but I am sure that it doesn't amount to 1/2 the state budget deficit. 1/4 maybe.

To an extent I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I don't think Arnold deserves as bad a rap as you're giving him. He at least tried to crack down on the corrupt prison guards. A Dem governor will never do that and probably would not have gone to court to get the state workers to take mandatory furloughs either.

As for what his wife was doing, I don't agree with it, but it was penny ante stuff.

The real problems lie with the corrupt Democratic controlled legislature. Many of the Republicans in the legislature are too far to the right on social issues for me, but they do at least understand the concept of balancing a budget. Democrats in the legislature don't even care or are clueless or think tax increases will fix their spending addiction.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:09 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,128,158 times
Neither the governor, nor Democrats in the legislature are to blame for this crisis. There's very little that the governor can do. Democrats try to fix things to the extent that they can, but stubborn opposition of Republican minority means that their efforts are in vain. Furthermore, right-wing lies spread by the Republicans (such as all that nonsense about "spending addiction" - what addiction? Last I checked, state's real per capita spending has been flat for the last 10 years), make it more difficult to achieve meaningful reforms.

But I can't say that I blame right-wing nuts in the legislature above all. There's one person who's single-handedly to blame for most of the mess we're in. The person whose actions made the state budget so dysfunctional and susceptible to massive deficits during recessions. Unfortunately, he died more than twenty years ago and he died without even knowing the extent of damage his actions caused. His name is Howard Jarvis.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:30 PM

2,492 posts, read 2,707,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
Neither the governor, nor Democrats in the legislature are to blame for this crisis. There's very little that the governor can do. Democrats try to fix things to the extent that they can, but stubborn opposition of Republican minority means that their efforts are in vain. Furthermore, right-wing lies spread by the Republicans (such as all that nonsense about "spending addiction" - what addiction? Last I checked, state's real per capita spending has been flat for the last 10 years), make it more difficult to achieve meaningful reforms.

But I can't say that I blame right-wing nuts in the legislature above all. There's one person who's single-handedly to blame for most of the mess we're in. The person whose actions made the state budget so dysfunctional and susceptible to massive deficits during recessions. Unfortunately, he died more than twenty years ago and he died without even knowing the extent of damage his actions caused. His name is Howard Jarvis.

Oh yea lets put some more property tax on all of us......real good idea

Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,232,266 times
I think Arnold pledged in as Governor with a lot of potential, but to accomplish more he really needed to take steroids to grow a bigger pair. Here's a state that outgrew itself and spent itself until it's bursting at the seams, and of course, every interest group, agency, environmentalists, and lobbyists insist on pieces of the pie. California needed to start tightening up its borders 25 years ago (as well as Arizona and Texas) and no Leaders on any level still wants to touch that problem with a 10' pole.

Arnold swore in to "fix" a big basket of broken cookies with housing and inflation in general, unemployment (over-population), and continuing natural disasters where every fire bites more and more into state funding. Healthcare is a universal crisis but, despite "reforms", it will continue to be a crisis anywhere there are high populations of illegals. I don't think he's gotten much support from Congress; thus, he's resorted to being a Rhino instead of a strong Republican.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:08 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,147,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Are you inept at typing? Who is "Schwarzeneggar" and why does you paragraph look like it was typed by a 3rd grader.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,767,413 times
Quote:
there's one person who's single-handedly to blame for most of the mess we're in. The person whose actions made the state budget so dysfunctional and susceptible to massive deficits during recessions. Unfortunately, he died more than twenty years ago and he died without even knowing the extent of damage his actions caused. His name is howard jarvis.

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:05 PM

3,719 posts, read 14,669,108 times
Quote:

Maybe we should get rid of Prop 13 and go from 6th highest tax state to the first highest.

The Democrats and their union friends have controlled the state for decades and now you know why the state is almost bankrupt . Have a nice day.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,853,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Are you inept at typing? Who is "Schwarzeneggar" and why does you paragraph look like it was typed by a 3rd grader.
Your problem is with my typing then you really need to get a life.There are far more imp[ortant issues out there.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:06 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,497,885 times
Like it or not, one's mental capacity is judged by one's communication ability.

If you expect anyone to pay attention to your words, you need to pay attention to your words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California