U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:25 AM

113 posts, read 316,119 times

Advertisements

I know Arcata and Eureka have quite the reputaion of having lots of folks who fall under this sterotype. Crescent city being a short distance north I was wondering if crescent city could as well be dubbed a hippy haven? Another question, does CC have problems with homeless everywhere like Arcata and Eureka? Whats the culture like around CC, I dont care about night life, just want to know if there stuff like "Art in the Park" or Weekend bands that might play at a saturday market or something? Are there any known gangs that reside in CC? Is there a Marijuana growing problem in CC like in Humboldt Co? Down there I've read you have a chance getting shot if you are on BLM land and stumble on to there crops. Any other info would be great, like if I'm going to get stabbed in the back if I wonder into the wrong side of town at night. god I hope not lol, thanks guys. Just looking for a nice affordable place on the coast in cali (yea I said cali troll)... I have to escape my southern Idaho desert hell.... thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 03:25 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,487,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyva View Post
I know Arcata and Eureka have quite the reputaion of having lots of folks who fall under this sterotype. Crescent city being a short distance north I was wondering if crescent city could as well be dubbed a hippy haven? Another question, does CC have problems with homeless everywhere like Arcata and Eureka? Whats the culture like around CC, I dont care about night life, just want to know if there stuff like "Art in the Park" or Weekend bands that might play at a saturday market or something? Are there any known gangs that reside in CC? Is there a Marijuana growing problem in CC like in Humboldt Co? Down there I've read you have a chance getting shot if you are on BLM land and stumble on to there crops. Any other info would be great, like if I'm going to get stabbed in the back if I wonder into the wrong side of town at night. god I hope not lol, thanks guys. Just looking for a nice affordable place on the coast in cali (yea I said cali troll)... I have to escape my southern Idaho desert hell.... thanks again.
How do you feel about being surrounded by prison guards and the families of felons in a maximum security prison that is rife with prison gang activity?

And don't forget your waders. Outside of Alaska, Del Norte County has experienced more tsunamis than any other location on the West Coast. Since 1933, there have been 31 tsunamis recorded in Crescent City, including one in 1964 that killed 11 people throughout the county and decimated the central city and another in 2006 that did almost $1 million worth of damage to the harbor.

Aside from that it's a charming town.

Now, the real question is, can you do this without being insulting?

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 01-03-2010 at 03:38 AM..

Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 AM

463 posts, read 1,144,538 times
I grew up in CC....It is a very small area. Very mellow. No gangs...lol Mostly whites.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:40 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,445,973 times

Hip folks in Cresent City California, lets see if we can do this without the city-data trolls-troll_2.jpg

Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 AM

113 posts, read 316,119 times
Coyoteskye has been added to my ignore list for being nothing but a trouble maker. Thank you Curm for you input on the town and yes I will push back if I am pushed, but lets not discuss this anymore, this is a sub-site for people to ask questions about different communities in our nation.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,445,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyva View Post
Coyoteskye has been added to my ignore list for being nothing but a trouble maker. Thank you Curm for you input on the town and yes I will push back if I am pushed, but lets not discuss this anymore, this is a sub-site for people to ask questions about different communities in our nation.
Yes, everybody who knows me on the CA forum knows that i am a very real and serious trouble maker on this "sub-site for people to ask questions about different communities in our nation."

Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 AM

9,224 posts, read 15,939,217 times
The hippie stereotype should be put to rest.

I just spent some time in CC, Eureka and Humboldt Co. I don't recall seeing anything Hip at all with the people. Yes there are some murals with old hippie style art, some kind of weird sightings and cafes. But overall pretty tame, somewhat conservative, and sort of hickish imo.

To me it seems like a region of hypocritical white liberals who think they are diverse, cool and trendy, but when faced with reality are nothing like what they portray themselves to be. Like a bunch of Obama votes that don't even like black people (yes I witnessed overt racism).

BTW My parents were real hippies in 60's, they were cool, what we have today are wannabe-weenies.

Last edited by Mach50; 01-04-2010 at 11:23 AM..

Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 AM

14,131 posts, read 27,089,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
what we have today are wannabe-weenies.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,760 times
has gangs its a slum now.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 PM

2 posts, read 4,760 times
beware of Crescent city California it has gangs - dopers and drunks - homeless walk the streets at all hours - mu tire were just slashed for speaking with a CHP.
i am out of the hell hole, be a gang member or be locked and loaded and ready for self defence. The local police do nothing but bother and ticket law abiding citizens 9 currupt.
July 7 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or