Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:07 PM

1,949 posts, read 6,436,546 times

Advertisements

I know a person from Olivehurst, and I heard OLIVEHURST is originally an "OKIE TOWN" has some of the poorest run down areas and lots of LOW LIFE CRACK HEADS and THIEVES, SCUM BAGS, etc. the town of OLIVEHURST has a bad reputation, much worse than YC.

OLIVEHURST is the GHETTO , lots of trailor trash

they do have some new housing, but it's not actually inside OLIVEHURST, it's on the out skirts built on old farmland / flood plain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 15,464 times
Plumas Lake is not rated in a flood plain, it is protected by an Army Corp certified 100 year levee, and will soon have a new set-back levee in addition to the main levee. It is true that the previous flood events have damaged nearby older communities, Olivehurst and West Linda took the brunt of the damage. The "Plumas Lake" communities built since 2002 are all in protected areas that are higher than Natomas and Sacramento and would less likely encounter any flood related damage. As far as commercial development goes, the ground breaking has started and we now have major contruction in two locations. The highway 70 / Plumas Lake Blvd overpass is near completion and developers have shopping centers in the works. There is also a huge highway widening underway from Plumas Lake to the hwy 99/70 split, making the road a four lane highway all the way from Marysville to Sacramento. At the northern most edge of Plumas Lake, a new Tower Market / Gas / Car Wash has also broken ground and this is driving some much needed road improvements up there. Plumas Lake is 30 minutes from downtown Sacramento, and there is no traffic that changes that time. I grew up in So Cal and 30 minutes was lucky to get you to the other side of your own town. Yes, there is crime, but again, not as much as So Cal. There is an infrastructure here, we have a Sheriff sub-station, and a Fire Department centrally located. The response time for the Sheriff is very fast. We have our own school district with all new schools, new parks, and it's still growing. I would agree that Olivehurst is not a place I would live, but my zip code says I'm in Olivehurst even though I am well south of the McGowan Parkway border. There are plenty of new homes, and great prices due to the current market. I would advise taking a weekend drive through Plumas Lake before making any decision. It's a growing community with many great people!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 15,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I know a person from Olivehurst, and I heard OLIVEHURST is originally an "OKIE TOWN" has some of the poorest run down areas and lots of LOW LIFE CRACK HEADS and THIEVES, SCUM BAGS, etc. the town of OLIVEHURST has a bad reputation, much worse than YC.

OLIVEHURST is the GHETTO , lots of trailor trash

they do have some new housing, but it's not actually inside OLIVEHURST, it's on the out skirts built on old farmland / flood plain.
Again, I live on the "outskirts" and the area is no longer rated in a flood plain. Though I must confirm that some of your comments might be true, I would have to say that your verbal tirade of Olivehurst only shows that you lack eloquence yourself and would probably fit right in.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,481 times
Default Olivehurst ca,

okay I just recently moved to olivehurst ca and so far yes its ben very interesting. However the community needs to get more involved its not that bad as people have mentioned on here there is alot more gang activitiy where I used to live ..but believe me we thee community were involved and stood up to clean up our housing area/schools..yes its close to plumas lake but if you like the country life than you can make it a nice home you just have to be aware of the who,what and the when things happen!

Its a quite town but a very friendly home town feeling...So again if I were you I would definetly check your options and just ask lots of question to make sure this is where you want to raise children and or make a family....but remember there is always going to be gangs everywhere as long as your aware and active in the community you will be fine.....Hope this helps anyone considerine moving to the yuba county.plumas lake or yuba/sutter area

Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 AM

7 posts, read 69,247 times
i understand that the reason it flooded was because sacramento was about to flood so they broke the levee there to keep sacramento from flooding.Back then there were not many people in olivehurst compared to sacramento area.Think about it> they kept it a secret too<. Now look at sacramento are / natomas it is consider a flood zone..

Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,250,065 times
We are a young retired couple looking to buy in Plumas Lake, Olivehurst, Wheatland area...commuting is not an issue for us, our son lives in Lincoln but with our lack of earning power we are limited in what we can pay for a home..

Not worried about being in a flood plain..most of Sac is a flood plain..

Would like to live somewhere that we feel safe to take a walk in the neighborhood, stuff like that..

We are native Southern Californians so we are not strangers to gangs, traffic, etc..however would like to avoid living next door to a problem..

Any info from someone who lives in these towns appreciated..

Old 11-30-2008, 05:10 PM

15 posts, read 73,971 times
Plumas Lake Life Forum :: Index

Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,250,065 times
One Dude, thank you for the link..will read through it..I think we have decided to settle in Lincoln, Rocklin, or Roseville...we are still looking but think we would like to be closer to shops, doctors, etc...might cost a little more to buy in Lincoln, but less money spent on gas getting into town...I appreciate your help..

Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM

18 posts, read 53,070 times
Olivehurst is okay place but i heard that there are lots of gangs but i dont believe that because its really quiet where i live in the new houses in olivehurst and also there really cheap. Plus there also Wal-Mart. Foodmax, Amw, Kfc, Pizza Hut near my house unlike my old house where i had to go to Yuba City to go get food.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,963 times
yuba city is a great place & there is hardly any "gang" violcence stop over reacting!! schools are great and it has a mall i go there every week it has alot of stores. Gangs are not the issue. Yea the house are cheap but there really beautiful homes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California