Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,520,656 times

Advertisements

Interesting, We always understood it to be what I mentioned, and that Shell Beach wasn't considered, and then, you piqued my curiousity, and I found this;
Quote:
The original 5 cities were: Arroyo Grande, Halcyon, Fair Oaks, Grover Beach, and Oceano
Of course, that has a built in error, there was no town called Grover Beach, it was called Grover City, and calling Halcyon a city was a bit of a stretch. and Fair Oaks was part of the city of AG

At this time the small school districts combined, including Shell Beach, Pismo Beach, Grover City, Oceano, Arroyo Grande and Nipomo.

I may see the guy who would know for sure on Tuesday night when we go to the city council to complain about some history the council wants to throw away.

I think maybe, as much of what Realtors do, there was some reality and a little bs to what they did, they probably figured 5 cities had a nice ring and they did not care which towns were involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM

405 posts, read 1,345,511 times
Outsmarting you isn't the challenge, Clarks, putting up with your senile, narcissistic demanor is. I asked a reasonable question... you had a smarta** answer because you don't like to be wrong. Makes you grumpy. 190-year old man with nothing to do but be the resident expert on everything.

Is that why you jump on people... being mean makes you feel good about yourself? You're finally successful at something? Maybe that's why you have so many fans on this blog.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:16 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,520,656 times
Dear sms, please ignore me. I am not interested in what you have to say.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surgerigal View Post
We were looking for less then 150,000 and as far as amenities, we love to hike, camp and just be outdoors. However, we have been looking at jobs and it's not beem a go there. He is a nurse and I work in the operating room. Things seem to have slowed down there a bit, but hopefully it will pick back up....Thanks for everyone's opinion

In reading through your posts...it looks like there are lots of towns you are "moving" to......

Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,757,364 times
SLO=rich people and college students. good weather. good shopping. nightlife
Morro Bay=bedroom community, cold weather, cheap homes, good school
Paso=warmer weather, more families, cheaper shopping, good schools nearby

My favorite for all of SLO county is Paso Robles. I will take anywhere in north san luis obispo county. Paso is getting more married couples and there are being less and less families.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,757,364 times
Templeton has a hospital, Trader Joes, a good school district, small town downtown, and a couple wineries. Has a population of 7,600. 800+ at the high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California