U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 PM

457 posts, read 543,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
All I know is that he supported a shameful step backwards in society. Don't blame me for defining the guy on the content of his character.
That is your opinion. I am sure you can find my posts regarding the same sex marriage deal so I don't need to go into them.

18montclair- it is typical for a person with "progressive" thinking to attack someone who does not agree with them when they, "the progressives" are the ones trying to "liberate" our society even though it's the opposite usually.

Krudmonk you amaze me. I personally know that two male lions cannot produce a cub. Maybe I'm wrong. I know I can't use two male ends of an electrical cord to connect to one another. Again, maybe I'm wrong. Now you tell me who's going backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 AM

279 posts, read 285,137 times

Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,234,371 times
Quote:
Krudmonk you amaze me. I personally know that two male lions cannot produce a cub. Maybe I'm wrong. I know I can't use two male ends of an electrical cord to connect to one another. Again, maybe I'm wrong. Now you tell me who's going backwards.
What does that have to do with the what a Mayor does politically, Ok, you can come in from left field now.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
No it didn't, you have kicked out over 500 words on it just today, what ever "it" is

The prevailing attitude by our opponents is that they have carte blanche permission to say and do whatever they want-nothing is sacred, nothing is off limits, not even our homes, but any actual responses are seen as oversensitivity.

That's rich.
No, you completely missed my point, you said you were over it as of some past date, yet your words of the past few days show that you aren't.

by the way, it looks to me like you and those who agree with you jumped into the mud to wrestle a pig and are now shocked, shocked I say, that you got mud on you.

And another thing. I have started reading the Book of Mormon, so far I have two questions;
1. After Nephi wrote "And it came to pass" about 500 times why didn't he say, "what the heck, why am I doing this, it adds nothing to the context, I can leave it out, start the next word with a capital and the meaning will still be the same and my editor won't yell at me."?

2. How did Laban get a sword made of steel during the Bronze Age?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 AM

Location: Southern California native, now a few miles from Lake Michigan
801 posts, read 2,346,543 times
Yeah... I'm sure this was done under pressure from the gay mafia, who tends to declare war on their opponents. They want everyone to be "tolerant" toward them, yet they are anything but tolerant of those who hold opposing views on the topic of their "lifestyle."

Old 01-22-2010, 09:55 AM

Now Montclair, you seem pretty wound up about this issue, whatever this issue is.. I want to switch the paradigm a little bit and see if your words still reflect your feeling on this issue.

We will take the State of Erewhon, we will pretend it exists. In Erewhon, there are African Americans. These African Americans had limited civil rights, but a series of court cases removed some of the legal limitations on their civil rights.
However,
The good citizens of the State of Erewhon were appalled by this and brought up a proposition that if passed would remove these new found civil rights, the proposition passed, and those new found civil rights were removed.

The African Americans were upset, and complained bitterly about these actions removing their civil rights.

Now, say, you, Montclair, supported that removal of rights and you referred to the partially disenfranchised African Americans as,

and I quote you; "Rabid, sour-faced, vindictive, BIGOTED, INTOLERANT and HATEFUL No-on-8 losers hellbent on revenge. Apparently that's who cares."

A change in context makes your words appear a bit narrow minded doesn't it?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 AM

26 posts, read 74,458 times
Silly statist Republicans. If the homos just won't be happy until they have their place in Divorce Court, then who are we to stand in their way?

That said, something you California conservatives might consider: stake out the useful areas of your state (any rural county that won't dry up and blow away as soon as the power grid and irrigation systems are gone), pledge your allegiance to the Kingdom of Deseret, and leave the urban gliberals free to coexist amongst all the Dark Age peasants they've so generously been shipping in all these years.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 AM

Say, would you mind awfully much translating your post into English? Thanks.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 AM

242 posts, read 479,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Why? Because we now live in a time where its not acceptable to disagree with them.
No, because I don't feel I should have to compromise who I am as a person - basically an aspect of myself that defines me as a human being (gay) - for your damn sake.

I love when people like you claim you live in a time where you can't disagree with gays, because everthing these days is "too PC", right? There's not much to disagree with here, in my book. I don't feel the need to excuse myself to people like you. I'm proud to be gay, wouldn't change it for the world, I am a good person, law-abiding, a dedicated tax payer, a proud American, and all I ask for is that I don't get treated like a 2nd class citizen.

Evidently to people like you, that is what I am.

If you want to make yourself look like an oppressed victim who has it so hard because people won't accept or hear your anti-gay views, you need to get a life. Being straight, you have it all, and you need to go out of your way and ensure people like me continue to not be equal, don't you? Because at the end of the day, I'm a lower person, aren't I?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM

242 posts, read 479,498 times
Montclair18, I have a few questions for you. Here are the list of some countries who allow gay marriage:

Belgium
Canada
Netherlands
Norway

South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Denmark
Iceland

Are kids becoming gayer by they day now? Pedophilia the norm? Is the infrastructure of these countries falling apart completely? Have these societies descended into total war and chaos? Are gays taking over like wildfire (I hear it's contagious, watch our for your mom and dad, they could turn gay soon too!)? Has the sky fallen? Has the quality of life for people in these countries dramatically dwindled?

I'd love to know. Because I've visited every one of those countries, and it seemed like people were doing damn fine. In fact, it seemed that people in those countries didn't feel the need to dictate how others live and determine who they love and who they marry.

Isn't that what America is all about? Liberty and freedom? Equality? Apparently not, according to your views. Isn't America supposed to be secular? Apparently not, as you're blending religious views within your vote. You're letting your particular christian values, determine thousands of other people's lives who don't happen to share your same values.

Pipe down, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California