U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 849 times
Question from uk too california

Hi everyone, im 20 and for the last like 7 years ive been trying to figure a way to move to california. would ther be any way of moveing ther without a trade, all i have is my school grades. if i got a plane across and found a place to stay, could i just look for a job or would i need to get a visa? would it be hard for me?

im new and its 3:15 am so im not with it at the moment.

thanks
jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 PM

2,893 posts, read 7,571,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_skyz View Post
Hi everyone, im 20 and for the last like 7 years ive been trying to figure a way to move to california. would ther be any way of moveing ther without a trade, all i have is my school grades. if i got a plane across and found a place to stay, could i just look for a job or would i need to get a visa? would it be hard for me?

im new and its 3:15 am so im not with it at the moment.

thanks
jon
I don't know about visas and all of that.
You could also ask that over on the U.K. forum as i imagine there are others dealing with visa issues.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/united-kingdom/
Will it be hard for you?
Most likely.
I sure wouldn't come over without enough money to get you through the transition.
You certainly don't wanna be homeless and on the streets of wherever and if you don't realize that, stay in the U.K until you're prepared.
Do not entertain any romantic notions of being on the streets of California!
You'll be asking for trouble and you will most likely find it or it will find you.
Also, you probably realize that the U.S. is in the midst of a very serious economic crisis and California has been hit very hard and the unemployment rate is extremely high in this state.
Good luck whatever you decide.
If you wanna be here, you'll find a way but do it wisely so you don't have to return home with your tail between your legs.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:09 AM

11 posts, read 14,637 times
I don't think that a British man/woman would get checked for citizenship status lol. If you do decide on the San Gabriel Valley make sure to stay away from Pomona. I got lost there a bit ago and was NOT prepared for how many gang bangers and thugs I would see just walking around in plain daylight without a Police Officer in sight.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:53 AM

13,952 posts, read 11,343,024 times
You need a work permit/visa before coming to the USA which is not easy to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California