Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times

Advertisements

For all those who think the Massachusetts senator election has something to say about Obama - - anyone who is in office with such a horrible economy is looked at as a failure, no matter what the political party. Obama is politician of the year compared to Schwarzenneger's numbers:

Schwarzenegger’s numbers in cellar - SignOnSanDiego.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 12:06 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristramshandy View Post
for all those who think the massachusetts senator election has something to say about obama - - anyone who is in office with such a horrible economy is looked at as a failure, no matter what the political party. Obama is politician of the year compared to schwarzenneger's numbers:

schwarzenegger’s numbers in cellar - signonsandiego.com
+1

Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,384,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
For all those who think the Massachusetts senator election has something to say about Obama - - anyone who is in office with such a horrible economy is looked at as a failure, no matter what the political party. Obama is politician of the year compared to Schwarzenneger's numbers:

Schwarzenegger’s numbers in cellar - SignOnSanDiego.com
I wonder if the margin of error was 7% or the sample included everyone in the Schwarzenegger's friends and family

Old 01-25-2010, 12:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
I wonder if the margin of error was 7% or the sample included everyone in the Schwarzenegger's friends and family
have to say, that isn't very nice, but it is very funny...

Nita

Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Quote:
...which these days, in number, might equal the number of eyebrows on Arnold's forehead. (That figure may be high).
Poor Arnold. California was supposed to be his jumping off point to become the presidentator (despite constitutional obstacles).

Old 01-25-2010, 02:20 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Apparently a good deal of californian's still don't want to take their medicine ..

Toplines - California Budget Crisis - January 19, 2010 - Rasmussen Reports™

5* The Governor has also said that California may have to eliminate the state’s main welfare program and cut back on health care services for the disabled and the elderly. If you had a choice between cutting these programs or raising taxes, which would you prefer?

31% Cutting these programs
52% Raising taxes
17% Not sure

--------------------

I would have to say Arnold has put in a good deal of effort to change this state for the better.... However, what can the man do w/ the state is full of idiots... who want more than they want to pay for? When all the broke arses want even more handouts yet don't pay anything into taxes.....

GO out on the street and ask someone if they would like $1,000 .. i guarantee you over 9x.xxx % will say hell yeah... DUH... So asking people who don't pay sh*t into taxes whether or not they want taxes increased in order to get more handouts ... wtf do you think they will answer?

THE TAXES ARE TOO HIGH ... this results in anyone w/ any sense w/ a business getting the hell out of dodge... that results in less jobs.. less tax revenue and more deficits you morons... when there are 49 other states where I can locate my business... states that tax me way the hell less... where I can pay my workers way less.. and I have a chance to gtfo i will..

The handouts are too much .. THE STATE can't afford them.. Thus why it is screwed..... Handouts :
> welfare
> pensions (no one in the private sector gets these.. wtf is soo hard about ending this crap... O' but everyone will go to the private sector? O really .. go for it .. last I checked the private sector gets 30-40 applicants per slot ... and from the long list of unemployed.. they would happy to take a 9-5 paying regular wages w/ a 401k plan...
> List goes on and on...
> and for all the idiots screaming tax more... in a state like FL where there are no income taxes... somehow the schooling is better than CA where you tax the hell out of people and pay teachers/schools like money grows on trees... Geee I wonder why?

GET RID OF PENSION FUNDS... PRIVATE COMPANIES ended this crap how long ago? Wtf makes state workers soo special? Oh', they are pledging their careers to be servants to the state? B.S ! They go to work for a paycheck ... if the private sector paid more and they actually had the skills to make more they would... Most state workers are actually getting paid more than private sector (total compensation including bloated pensions) thus why they can't wait for a job in it....

CUT SERVICES... CUT SAFE haven crap for immigrants.. CUT THE HANDOUTS and let the prices fall across the state as a result......

REDUCE TAXES..... let people spend their own got **@# money on what they want .

And before anyone dares judge me as a white american republican who is rich who doesn't care about humanity .. Let me clear it up.. I am an african american aged 24 who worked hard for everything he has.. Neither of my parents went to college and neither one ever once were on welfare.. my dad worked 3-4 jobs .. instead of buying flashy cars... and having his kids walk around w/ jordans and $300 outfits... he sent his kids to good schools .. and instilled values in them.... i turned out just fine... went on to get my masters in engineering.. Why? because my dad showed me how to have dignity in myself and showed me that an education is key to being something.....

HANDOUTS creates lazy asses... I can say so from having observed other people in my family who lived a block over who were on it.... When you have to work for what you have.. you appreciate it and value it and you understand the path to how to get more... when you don't... you tend not to as the work needed to get it is not done by you...your kids see you living good even though your a bum and they say hey... I can have a subsidized house... subsidized light bill.. healthcare... etc by working just like my parents do.. wtf should I work more? its simple logic....

You want to know how to be humane?

CUT OUT THE idiocy and tell people to get to work !

You sit around throughout K-12 and play pimp playa and mr.popular while the school lesson is being learned.. Simple.. you will be flipping burgers and cleaning floors for the rest of your life... Want to then sit up and have kids as a hobby.. fine, after 2, you get no more assistance... you and yours can starve to death ... that's inhumane? What's inhumane is allowing the idiots of a society to bring the larger society down... there are plenty of productive people who are willing to do the right thing... Why f*** it all up for a group of morons who just don't care about the rest?

I say 93% of Californian's wouldn't do a better job than Arnold if put in office.. I say 93% of californian's are too busy watching American idol and enjoying the geography to get involved in the state they care so much about.. I say 93% of californian's had their heads in their behind over the past 10 years when this state was being ran in the ground... I say tons of californian's are liberal idiots who think you can just tax/spend problems away... I say tons of people don't understand the following concepts :
> You are generally healthy because you eat healthy/lead a healthy lifestyle not because you have healthcare
> We all die some day.. it is not fair to have generations after you put into slavery in order to prolong your life 1-2 more years.. live a good enjoyable life.. contribute to society... and die... it happens.. many more come after you
> Education is #1 ... w/o it .. you will do unhealthy things to yourself and society out of ingnorance and stupidity...
* Education starts w/ you.. don't put a personal interest in it and no matte what school you go to .. you wont get educated...
> Stop being !@$# with people and keep it real...
You don't work you don't eat... because to feed you someone else is going to have to work.... and at some point if there are more beggers than workers the whole state/country is going to go down.. and as a humane/intelligent society we just can't have that....

> Immigration : whose here is here.. those who are here can't find jobs so we can't just be idiots and allow tons more in when our own can't even get a job....
> Be an idiot in life and slack off when you're young.. you pay for it in adult hood .. there is no free lunch
* tell that to a kid and really make that clear.. i guarantee you that idiot will start paying attention in class.

> wanna be a gang banger/nuisance to society..no, we wont spend $60k a year to have you relax in a hotel.. we are gonna put you on an island and make you work to pay for the basic necessities : food/water/shelter.. you will be locked away and will have a not zero impact on state's budgets.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 01-25-2010 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 02:27 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
I don't think Ronald Reagan, FDR, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, or any other statesman you may like could have done a better job. The state is in shambles and there isn't much any executive can do to fix it until the voters clean up the legislature and wise up to voting in tens of billions in new debt every time they vote

Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
I don't think Ronald Reagan, FDR, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, or any other statesman you may like could have done a better job. The state is in shambles and there isn't much any executive can do to fix it until the voters clean up the legislature and wise up to voting in tens of billions in new debt every time they vote
Thnx for the summary .. whaahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: