Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:15 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,835 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna switch my recommendation to Tehachapi, because if I were to be moving to the area, that's where i would live. I said Rosamond originally because it is so close to Edwards...but that town's basically a hole.

Yeah, look into Tehachapi.

Sorry, I don't know about the insurance thing. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Hi
I have a few questions on Tehachapi.
1. How is the Hospital there? Has the often mentioned "new" hospital
been built or near done?
2. My husband would be working at Edwards and we are retired military,
do you think the hospital in Tehachapi would accept Tri-Care Retired, the insurance
used by us retirees.
Thanks, been looking at Tehachapi today online, and it seems so beautiful
there.

Greenchili

No... the new hospital has not been built yet... and I doubt it will be in the next 10 years. Too much red tape and too many people making others jump thru ridiculous hoops. From what I've heard, the current hospital is okay. Any emergency type issues you may have, they still send you to Kern Medical down in Bakersfield. Currently, they only have one... let me repeat that... ONE ambulance for the entire area of Tehachapi. Also, if you do have an emergency and you live out in the areas of Sand Canyon, Stallion Springs, Alpine Forest or Bear Valley, you're looking at the ambulance taking AT LEAST 20 minutes to a half hour just to get to you. If I were you, I'd stick to the areas known as Golden Hills or Oak Knolls. Out of town, yet still close... (4 miles out of town). And to go even further than that, I'd look into West Golden Hills, as East Golden Hills has more renters living there to be close to loved ones in the prison and renters don't take care of their houses the same way owners do.
I don't know about the insurance at the hospital. I'd call them up and ask them (661) 823-3000.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:07 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
No... the new hospital has not been built yet... and I doubt it will be in the next 10 years. Too much red tape and too many people making others jump thru ridiculous hoops. From what I've heard, the current hospital is okay. Any emergency type issues you may have, they still send you to Kern Medical down in Bakersfield. Currently, they only have one... let me repeat that... ONE ambulance for the entire area of Tehachapi. Also, if you do have an emergency and you live out in the areas of Sand Canyon, Stallion Springs, Alpine Forest or Bear Valley, you're looking at the ambulance taking AT LEAST 20 minutes to a half hour just to get to you. If I were you, I'd stick to the areas known as Golden Hills or Oak Knolls. Out of town, yet still close... (4 miles out of town). And to go even further than that, I'd look into West Golden Hills, as East Golden Hills has more renters living there to be close to loved ones in the prison and renters don't take care of their houses the same way owners do.
I don't know about the insurance at the hospital. I'd call them up and ask them (661) 823-3000.
Thank you very much!! You answered my first question,which was most
important. Wont be moving there then.

Greenchili

Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 PM

17 posts, read 26,546 times
Is Tehachapi a good area for teens? I have two pre-teen boys who have basically let sheltered lives (we've lived overseas the last 8 years). My 12-year old likes to skateboard. I have no doubt that me & my husband would like the area but I don't know what Tehachapi might hold for my kids.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:40 PM

82 posts, read 358,682 times
Jr,
I live in Lancaster but have taken several trips to Tehachapi to look at homes. My last visit, a lender told me that the Stallion Springs area in Tehachapi has a large skateboard park, I guess one thats shown on tv? I havent seen it but this is what I was told. Also the Jr High and High schools there have much higher AP scores then the schools in the other areas. The high school scored a 7 out of 10. Which is a good score for any of the communities out this way.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 AM

11 posts, read 43,581 times
California City Real Estate, California City "The City of Opportunity"[SIZE=+0] - The best kept secret in Southern California real estate, no smog, low crime, affordable housing, adult living, good schools, come and see why we think California City is a great place to live, work, play, invest and raise our families! Don't waste your time and money commuting, California City is only 12 miles from Edwards AFB with small town living, if you want to go shopping in a larger city Lancaster and Palmdale is only 40 minutes away, in Los Angeles traffic sometimes if not most you will spend that much time going only a few miles![/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California