U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which sticky topics should be opened?
California Affordability: Can I afford it, and is it worth it? 9 60.00%
California Housing Prices and Housing Market 9 60.00%
Leaving California 9 60.00%
Moving to Redding / Shasta 2 13.33%
Moving to Rural Northern CA 3 20.00%
Moving to Oxnard / Ventura / Santa Barbara 3 20.00%
Moving to the Inland Empire 2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,224,004 times

Advertisements

Hey sliverbox haven't seen you in a while!! Great post!!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:52 PM

3,994 posts, read 10,422,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
My reply was deleted even though it actually had everything to do with this topic. Thanks Sassberto. Anyhow, pertaining to this comment:

"Put all the haters in a box where they can break out their foam bats and WHACK away at the state. "

I find it just a little ironic that anyone who makes a comment about affordability is seen as a "hater". The affordability issue in this state is it's single biggest problem.

Is there a reason why a family making 150k can't afford a decent home?
Is there a reason why countless companies are relocating to other states?
Is there a reason why watchdog groups find that for the first time in CA history, MORE college students are seeking employment and living in other states?
What about commutes? Is there a reason why the avg Californian's commute is now 50% longer than it was 10 years ago?
Was there a reason for house prices to jump more than 50% in 2 years? What are the implications of a population where 60% of those who bought a home used a subprime loan?
How come California can't keep school teachers?
How come California has one of the worst rated public school systems in the country after decades of having one near the top?
How come day after day I pass billboard after billboard of Police departments for all local areas desperately seeking police officers?

These are just a few on the tip off the ice berg. I can keep right on going. These questions all have the same answer: affordability. A citizen has a rigt to be concerned. They are not" haters". There are MANY people here who would like to see a change and by doing so means that we address and acknowledge the problems and causes. We can sit around and spout sunshine out our rears all we want. But the fact remains and what is done about it for the future will greatly affect the quality of life for everyone here- both old and young alike. Now... read this quickly before it gets deleted.
If this post is like the original one, I can see why it got deleted.

It's getting into the topics the Threads/Subfora would discuss, not whether the threads/subfora would be useful and generate enough traffic to justify their existance.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:57 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,494,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
"Put all the haters in a box where they can break out their foam bats and WHACK away at the state. "

I find it just a little ironic that anyone who makes a comment about affordability is seen as a "hater". The affordability issue in this state is it's single biggest problem.

Is there a reason why a family making 150k can't afford a decent home?
Is there a reason why countless companies are relocating to other states?
Is there a reason why watchdog groups find that for the first time in CA history, MORE college students are seeking employment and living in other states?
What about commutes? Is there a reason why the avg Californian's commute is now 50% longer than it was 10 years ago?
Was there a reason for house prices to jump more than 50% in 2 years? What are the implications of a population where 60% of those who bought a home used a subprime loan?
How come California can't keep school teachers?
How come California has one of the worst rated public school systems in the country after decades of having one near the top?
How come day after day I pass billboard after billboard of Police departments for all local areas desperately seeking police officers?

These are just a few on the tip off the ice berg. I can keep right on going. These questions all have the same answer: affordability. A citizen has a rigt to be concerned. They are not" haters". There are MANY people here who would like to see a change and by doing so means that we address and acknowledge the problems and causes. We can sit around and spout sunshine out our rears all we want. But the fact remains and what is done about it for the future will greatly affect the quality of life for everyone here- both old and young alike.
Absolutely fantastic post!!!
Talk about hitting the nail on the head!!
MBG

Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,203,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Bthere View Post
I just hope that any thread discussing afforability in California is not dominated by people hating folks who own homes and are actually making it here economically. That has become so old and some posters are way too much about the drama!
Amen to that! It can be done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California