Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:29 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,928,172 times

Advertisements

The question is why would a a teacher have sex with a 14 yr old boy ? Hes just a boy & barely started puberty & has pimples & greasy hair. I just dont understand the attraction. Amy beck is a mother & married to a LAPD cop. They plan to stay together. I wonder how the women prisoners & over paid correctional officers are going to treat her in the over crowded state prison. Maybe the DA & judge couldnt even get a homely girl in junior high & high school & they were jealous. So thats why she got a 2 yr prison sentence. I think probation, therapy & a fine (as usual) would of been appropriate. Sending amy to prison really serves no purpose plus she can never teach again & will be a registered sex offender for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 PM

425 posts, read 1,949,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The question is why would a a teacher have sex with a 14 yr old boy ? Hes just a boy & barely started puberty & has pimples & greasy hair. I just dont understand the attraction. Amy beck is a mother & married to a LAPD cop. They plan to stay together. I wonder how the women prisoners & over paid correctional officers are going to treat her in the over crowded state prison. Maybe the DA & judge couldnt even get a homely girl in junior high & high school & they were jealous. So thats why she got a 2 yr prison sentence. I think probation, therapy & a fine (as usual) would of been appropriate. Sending amy to prison really serves no purpose plus she can never teach again & will be a registered sex offender for life.
She is a sex offender and she should not be allowed to teach ever again and she should be on the sex offender registry for life. This has nothing to do with the judge and the district attorney being "jealous," it's the law and their JOB. Also, I believe sex offenses carry mandatory minimums, so even if the judge wanted to just give her probation and therapy, they couldn't. Even if the judge could, however, it's not an appropriate sentence for such an offense. She took advantage of a child, even if you believe the child was a willing participant. Rape isn't always violent, she was in a position of authority and she abused it, stop being dense.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,308,419 times
It may not end there. Before she paroles she'll be evaluated to determine if she meets the criteria of a sexually violent predator and if so, she'll be sent to a secured state hospital for an indeterminate term until such time as she's determined to no longer be a threat, if that day ever comes. If that happens she'll be only the second woman to "achieve" that status in the state.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,194,474 times
It seems to me only people in high places can get by with what she did and not go to jail. CA is not the only state for this. In my state a judge did similar and just resigned and it seemed to go away quietly. Wrong is still wrong. He should still be behind bars but he is most likely out golfing in retirement. No excuses for what this teacher did but the law should be blind and it isn't. A sad commentary for justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California