Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:07 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's probably in the top 50.
Really? Wouldn't Santa Barbara be within the top 10 of California cities? My list would include Carmel\ Monterey, La Jolla, Laguna Beach, Beverly Hills, Palm Springs, San Francisco, Marin Co, Lake Tahoe [not really a city though], Santa Rosa, Chico, Palo Alto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,812,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Santa Barbara is easily California's most beautiful city, right?
Uh... San Francisco?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:03 AM

3,624 posts, read 2,460,270 times
I know this is an old thread.. but wanted to add my own thumbs up. Never lived in Santa Barbara, but drove up from LA for a visit or two.. It's a beautiful town. For me, it was almost surreal how calm & picturesque the place was.

Had fun on State Street, we did some nice window shopping.. and there was a pizza shop (housed in a lighthouse building) that had killer slices. Is that still around (?)

Old 02-02-2015, 02:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,764,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I know this is an old thread.. but wanted to add my own thumbs up. Never lived in Santa Barbara, but drove up from LA for a visit or two.. It's a beautiful town. For me, it was almost surreal how calm & picturesque the place was.

Had fun on State Street, we did some nice window shopping.. and there was a pizza shop (housed in a lighthouse building) that had killer slices. Is that still around (?)
Thumbs up! (Thread from the dead reborn)

And now, here come the SB Haters Anonymous, C-D Chapter...

Old 02-04-2015, 12:24 PM

1,317 posts, read 5,256,619 times
It ok,,but not for me. Live 45 min from it but never go! Overpriced,and a bit snobby.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:25 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,597,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's probably in the top 50.
Nationwide??

Old 02-08-2015, 05:49 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,703,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Most likely. Without question Southern California's most beautiful city.

Unfortunately, SB is also California's most expensive city to live in which is saying A LOT, and the job opportunities even in better times have never been overabundant. With the whole state having pretty much no jobs, it's dire. OTOH, you won't be living there, just visiting, and thus you'll be guaranteed to have a good time in one of the jewels of our State.
I disagree. I think the area has enough head-of-household jobs. The problem is the lack of workforce housing for those people, so many will live in Goleta, Ventura, and even Lompoc.

It's a mini metropolitan area with 150,000 population and a university. It's a diverse economy, but like most coastal cities, tourism is a huge part of Santa Barbara's economy.

One thing Santa Barbara did right is that it didn't grow to be the size of Oxnard and it stayed the size of a small city.

Like most So Cal Cities it's very spread out, freeway traffic gets crazy, and people are very materialistic and fashion forward.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:32 PM

672 posts, read 805,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
It ok,,but not for me. Live 45 min from it but never go! Overpriced,and a bit snobby.
LOL! Reading your other comments about SB you seem to harbor a lot of resentment.

SB is extremely laid-back. Expensive, well yes but you wouldn't know if the guy sitting next you for lunch in tevas and shorts is wealthy or works in retail. Nobody here cares. It's a picturesque coastal town. For not being a major city it's known all over the world. I really don't think you know much about SB other than you can't afford to live here. Sorry.

OK we have wealthy people and it costs a lot to live here. To state it's snobby is way off the mark.

That's like someone stating something negative about Lompoc because of what it is known for.
What assumptions can people make about that?

Old 02-11-2015, 02:52 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,764,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post

That's like someone stating something negative about Lompoc because of what it is known for.
What assumptions can people make about that?
Don't know. What's it known for?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:20 PM

102,052 posts, read 106,815,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Thumbs up! (Thread from the dead reborn)

And now, here come the SB Haters Anonymous, C-D Chapter...
No, I love SB!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California