Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:25 PM

27 posts, read 103,238 times

Advertisements

A bachelor degree of business administration girl is applying master degree university now, but she is confused to select her major for the current job market, she is afraid of be unemployee after she get her master degree.

"International Trade", "Finance", "Accounting", "Business
Adminstration"......?

She is long in get along with people, but worried about the bad economic and her student loan.

So which university and majoy she should go?

Thanks in advance for your any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM

3,721 posts, read 14,679,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyCoast View Post
A bachelor degree of business administration girl is applying master degree university now, but she is confused to select her major for the current job market, she is afraid of be unemployee after she get her master degree.

Adminstration"......?

She is long in get along with people, but worried about the bad economic and her student loan.

Health care . Under Obama, you'll end up as a government employee and they seem to be the only ones doing well.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Good point, but the major is totally different relate to her current backgroud.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,972,075 times
Well, I don't see how anyone could go wrong with a Bagpipes B.A. ...

Carnegie Mellon is home to nation's only graduating bagpipe major

Old 03-17-2010, 03:55 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,698,917 times
Of those 4, I'd pick accounting and take the CPA licensing exam. With the current job market you want a job that won't go away or get downsized, and CPA is the most recession proof of what those majors would typically provide I would think.

MBA's are a dime a dozen these days, finance is useful but also saturated, and I imagine international business depends on your connections with international business and your language skills(such as a friend of mine with a business degree that is fluent in Mandarin and Vietnamese and was recently offered a position in Hong Kong through a connection he made at work here)

Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Well, I don't see how anyone could go wrong with a Bagpipes B.A. ...

Carnegie Mellon is home to nation's only graduating bagpipe major
It's depends on how long/short his/her finger is, and how flexible they are.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:06 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,437,406 times
Which major is good in the current job market?

A Major that keeps you in school living off student loans for about 5-7 years...Doctor or Professor maybe? War Crimes lawyer?

Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
Of those 4, I'd pick accounting and take the CPA licensing exam. With the current job market you want a job that won't go away or get downsized, and CPA is the most recession proof of what those majors would typically provide I would think.

MBA's are a dime a dozen these days, finance is useful but also saturated, and I imagine international business depends on your connections with international business and your language skills(such as a friend of mine with a business degree that is fluent in Mandarin and Vietnamese and was recently offered a position in Hong Kong through a connection he made at work here)
I gree to you.
But you don't have to choose from these 4 majors.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,217,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyCoast View Post

Adminstration"......?

You must be asking this question for someone else? I would like to think that an individual with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration could communicate the question clearly and in such a manner to get her point across.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:20 PM

963 posts, read 3,023,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You must be asking this question for someone else? I would like to think that an individual with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration could communicate the question clearly and in such a manner to get her point across.
In some cultures -- Asian cultures in particular -- decisions about career track are made by the entire family, not just by the student receiving the education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California