Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 PM

30,873 posts, read 36,811,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
I really think Meg Whitman will win a pretty large rout over this guy. He's like the Martha Coakley of California...and Whitman is a WAY stronger candidate than Scott Brown.
I hope you're right but kinda doubt it. I'm not exactly thrilled about Whitman as a candidtate, but she'd be better than Brown. BTW, I'm not out to totally badmouth Brown. I think he was a decent mayor of Oakland and did a lot of good things for that beleaguered city. But there's no chance he'll stand up to the unions, nor will he attempt to hold down spending, as governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,302,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I hope you're right but kinda doubt it. I'm not exactly thrilled about Whitman as a candidtate, but she'd be better than Brown. BTW, I'm not out to totally badmouth Brown. I think he was a decent mayor of Oakland and did a lot of good things for that beleaguered city. But there's no chance he'll stand up to the unions, nor will he attempt to hold down spending, as governor.
Yeah, in the last three month I'm not real bullish on Whitman, although I think I'll still vote for her, barring some kind of unforeseen change between now and Nov. I no longer think it'll be a rout that's for sure. She has, in many ways, really hurt herself pandering to the far right when she faced Poizner, who never had a serious chance against her, anyway.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:06 PM

30,873 posts, read 36,811,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
Yeah, in the last three month I'm not real bullish on Whitman, although I think I'll still vote for her, barring some kind of unforeseen change between now and Nov. I no longer think it'll be a rout that's for sure. She has, in many ways, really hurt herself pandering to the far right when she faced Poizner, who never had a serious chance against her, anyway.
Yeah, I agree with you. I also think she's not very charismatic. Charisma shouldn't matter, but we all know that it does. People complain about superficiality in campaigns, but they only notice it in other people, not themselves.

I'll be voting for Whitman anyway. I hope she wins, but at best, she'll be another Arnold. The real problem is with the Democrat dominated legislature.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:40 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,787,806 times
Gov. Moonbeam return to base immediately.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:37 AM

8,193 posts, read 16,610,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Gov. Moonbeam return to base immediately.
To load up on ammo and supplies before his next big adventure into outerspace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California