Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:15 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,323,087 times

Advertisements

HBO is showing a documentary called "Outrage" on gay politicians, esp Republican politicians who attack the gay community & hide their own homosexuality. They vote against every measure that helps the gay community but then sneak into gay bathhouses for sex!

Congressman David Dreier [R-San Dimas] has been outed by the media and by the men he has sex with. Dreier is a "family values" Republican who has voted against the gay community at every opportunity. Isn't this the lowest form of humanity to betray your own kind & go out of the way to hurt them? This and a hundred other reasons is why young people laugh at the Republican party as the most hypocritical and just plain dumb bunch of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 11:54 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,767,938 times
He has a 92 percent positive rating from the Christian Coalition.

BVWAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Suckers.

So to speak.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
He has a 92 percent positive rating from the Christian Coalition.

BVWAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Suckers.

So to speak.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Now that Dreier has been exposed do you think he will run for office again? Could he win even?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,472,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Now that Dreier has been exposed do you think he will run for office again? Could he win even?
Didn't Dreier come out a few years ago? I might be wrong about this.

Everyone knows he's gay and has known that for a long time. It hasn't hurt him one bit. Besides, "Outrage" is about as likely to sway GOP voters as a Michael Moore film is.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 AM

He has to play to his constituents, and if his district is heavily Christian Coalition types, he doesn't have a chance.
Keep in mind, homosexuality is a sin against their godhead figure.

By the way kid, young people aren't the only ones who don't buy into this Republican, religious right, moralistic facade. A lot of us old farts don't as well.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

Everyone knows he's gay and has known that for a long time. It hasn't hurt him one bit. Besides, "Outrage" is about as likely to sway GOP voters as a Michael Moore film is.
This is the first I've heard about it.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:

I didn't know that. It seems that if everyone knew that Dreier is gay that he would lose since Republicans don't like gay people. Now that Dreier is outed in the press\tv I think he will not run for office again. The hypocrisy is mind-numbing!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:27 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,443,644 times
Drier's Gay!!

Holy smokes!!

Next thing you know Ricky Martin will announce he's gay.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:33 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,472,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I didn't know that. It seems that if everyone knew that Dreier is gay that he would lose since Republicans don't like gay people. Now that Dreier is outed in the press\tv I think he will not run for office again. The hypocrisy is mind-numbing!
I'm not 100% sure about Dreier coming out but he was first "outed" in the media many years ago, long before that movie came out.

Arcadia, Monrovia, Glendora, and the Western Inland Empire imo would best be characterized as "moderate-conservative" not full blown Religious Right. It leans right but it's not the San Joaquin Valley. It's a swing district in Presidential and Senatorial elections. Bush in 2004 and Obama in 2008 both won Dreier's district by narrow margins, as did Boxer in 2004 and Feinstein in 2006. Arnold won that district by landslides but then Arnold both times he ran got significant Dem support and wouldn't have had his 2006 landslide without major Dem support.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure about Dreier coming out but he was first "outed" in the media many years ago, long before that movie came out.

Arcadia, Monrovia, Glendora, and the Western Inland Empire imo would best be characterized as "moderate-conservative" not full blown Religious Right. It leans right but it's not the San Joaquin Valley. It's a swing district in Presidential and Senatorial elections. Bush in 2004 and Obama in 2008 both won Dreier's district by narrow margins, as did Boxer in 2004 and Feinstein in 2006. Arnold won that district by landslides but then Arnold both times he ran got significant Dem support and wouldn't have had his 2006 landslide without major Dem support.
Thanks for the info. I suppose you are right that the people in Dreier's district don't really care if he is gay or not. But I think Dreier is not going to dodge a lot of negative PR from both Republican challengers and Democrats because he is gay but votes against gay rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California