Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,959 times

Advertisements

Hello Will,
My father was there. I have a comic book he brought back called "Log of the L.o.c man" its a comic book signed by many who became his friends. Also photo's of his time there. I am trying to figure out what this book is worth. If you have any information please write to [email]jnaselroad@juno.com[/email]
Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,808 times
My father, Claude Copley was there with Lockheed. Anyone remember him? I believe he worked partly in X-raying aircraft. He also mentioned testing life rafts.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,700 times
Default Howard

Hi Will, my uncle sailed back to the USA July 4, 1944. along with a large group who worked for Lockheed Overseas Corporation Ive often wondered what these folks did. I only know they sailed from Belfast, Ireland. Would love to communicate more on this subject.
Thanks, Howard Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by langfordhistorian1984 View Post
Hello Folks,

I'm looking for anyone who worked for the Lockheed Overseas Corporation, based at an airbase called Langford Lodge in Northern Ireland during the years 1942 - 1945, I am an amateur historian and have been researching this airfield for the past 10 years and the personnel that were based there, I would love to hear from anyone that knew of someone that spent time there, or spent time at Langford yourself, I have a wealth of pictures and archive film I would be willing to share.

many thanks.

Will Lindsay

Aviation Archaeology Northern Ireland
Aviation Archaeology Northern Ireland

Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,640 times
Default My father was the architect for Langford Lodge

Hello all -

I just came across this thread this AM. I'm in the process of writing a book about my father's experience as the supervising architect for the design and construction of the Army Air Force Base at Langford Lodge, between 1942 and 1944. He was a civilian employee of Lockheed Overseas Corporation, then headquartered in Liverpool. He met and later married my mother, a Scot, in London, where she was working for the British Government in the war effort.

Any information, photos, stories, etc. would be much appreciated.

Colin Russell
Bend, Oregon

Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,627 times
Could this be the site referred to in 1943 as "Little America"?
I am restoring articles from WWII-contemporary aviation magazines and have one that refers to a modification center "Located in an isolated part of the British Isles" and operated by Lockheed Overseas Corp.
According to the article, written by Mr Myles Cave and published in the May, 1943 issue of Aviation magazine, the site was shared with AAF units.
The general manager is reported as having been Mr Henry Ogden; his superintendent of engineering was Mr James Boyce.
Published in May, 1943, the article was probably written in February or March of that year, based on a visit shortly before writing.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,182 times
Prior to the war my dad, George W Randall, worked at Lockheed/Vega as an artist. He was @ Langford 1942-44 and sent me a picture of a P38 he drew in black ink. He stated that he only worked in black and white then, and worked with the OSS. On weekends he conducted an art painting class. A picture of him painting a war poster in the class is at George OW Randall, Poster Artist - Your Archives.
He married a lady from Belfast and their daughter was born there in Dec 1944. He returned to the US on the Queen Mary in 1945, and later his wife and daughter came.
Would like to get a LOC patch and any pics or records relating to my Dad. Emai: dickdot3@gmail.com

Old 05-20-2012, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,182 times
Will
See my post, Artist 1944

Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,545 times
Hello Will,

If you're still checking this thread, I'd like to add that my father-in-law was based in Northern Ireland with Lockheed Overseas Corporation, arriving in 1942. I'm currently researching to write a book about his aviation life before, during, and after that time, and would very much like to correspond with you. I can be reached at [email]ronf@turning-ip.com[/email].

Best regards,
Ron Ferguson

Old 06-02-2012, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,522 times
My dad has a picture of himself and three others at the Manhatten Club - apparently a popular hangout. His name was Leo (Mac) McAdams. It has been a long time since I logged on.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,488 times
Hi, I'm doing some genealogy research and found a reference to Lockheed Overseas Aircraft Corp in some legal documents. I'm looking for any information and/or pictures of Edwin O. Birhanzl who went over there to work in Jun 1942 and expected to be there for the duration of the war. He would have been 22 and probably worked as a mechanic. Any info would be appreciated and can be sent to my email address: email dot leahk at gmail dot com. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: