Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 AM

17,608 posts, read 22,512,090 times

Advertisements

When we lived in CA you could take a shower at the local YMCA.

Have a Beautiful Day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,671 times
homeless in hell on your mind body and soul you worked all your life to do the right thing and the INC's and grov, of the world put you out on the street dont count of your savings or 401k or ss, its not going to be there we are now in a 3rd world country , we are all we have to help each other !!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:54 PM

22,564 posts, read 24,353,783 times
My advice, if you can trade in your car for a van....do it, your life will be a lot more comfortable.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker john11 View Post
hey is that person with a lot near the truck stop tht lets homeless sleep there still online
That offer was made almost two years ago. My lot is full now, no room for anything.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,634 times
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I've been homeless before, and lived in a van...for around 10 months...
It wasn't so bad...at times it was very peaceful and quiet...

It's not the end of the world for you...

When I was homeless, I carried myself with dignity...I was always clean...in other words, I was homeless...but I wasn't 'street'...

I learned a lot about myself and others, during that time...

I was even attending school, while homeless...and still got A's....
Just look at it as a phase...and not something perminant...and you'll be ok....

I would sometimes park outside of shelters, but never utilized their services...

As long as you have a plan or goals...you will make it...and above all else, stay away from negitave people....

If you have a specific question to ask me...than do...I'll answer...cause I was there...

I posted this message in my car. It gives me hope and its beautifully written. I will keep telling myself its not perminent and I have goals. I'm in a dark place right now.....Thank you....

Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,937,855 times
I know of someone who's been sleeping/living in a tent in local parks though whole UCLA Ph.D studies, I mean (before becoming university prof.).. the dark place might be not so dark... sometimes better than be trapped in a 4-wall coffin, breathing carpet and paint outgassing toxic fumes, and tolerating idiot roommates, ghetto neighbors or a greedy nutjob landlord! Hell... when I'm back to Bay area I plan to work as an engineer while tent camping in someone's backyard or living in a van in RV park, they won't lure me back into their oversized mouthtrap cage coffins they call "human dwellings" I'm sorry for dogs that have to live in those!

Society (a system of oppression designed to turn you into a slave so that the rich can live off your labor while not paying enough taxes) WANTS you to think that there's something "wrong" with you because you "don't have an address", or "don't have a stable place to live", etc--it's a BRAINWASH for their "human cattle" they get rich off...brainwash for suckers. They want you to have an an "address" so that the state or the feds know where to get ya to suck your money (to compensate for the taxes underpaid by the rich). They want you to be tied to a location just the same way commies in USSR had you tied to a permanent place to control you. And TRY camping/living in non-standard situation on own, privately-owned land if you don't believe me--see the county come after you (unless you're way out in the woods--but NOW they have satellite imaging systems to easily track even those)--or try to tent-camp in your backyard and see the city threaten you with fines!

Instead of lamenting about car sleeping situation take time to learn wilderness survival skills, and you'll be more free than any city dweller can ever be.

Last edited by alexxiz; 11-14-2012 at 02:27 PM..

Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 PM

8 posts, read 12,435 times
OP, any update (if you read this)? Hope things improved, or even better... maybe you made this a positive and had an experience most of us never get.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM

Nowadays there are a lot of used truck campers, motorhomes, 5th wheels, pull trailers- sitting in people's yards. You can buy at a reasonable price, i imagine.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,683,505 times
We were at a big box hardware store. They have sheds that are large enough to live in. In fact, there were models available that were featured as vacation cottages! I could like that. If I ever had a piece of land, probably in an out of the way place, one of those would make for a great home.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
We were at a big box hardware store. They have sheds that are large enough to live in. In fact, there were models available that were featured as vacation cottages! I could like that. If I ever had a piece of land, probably in an out of the way place, one of those would make for a great home.
WallyWorld sells those metal ocean shipping containers, in different lengths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California