U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:31 PM

146 posts, read 193,086 times

Advertisements

btw I forgot to mention this but for those of you who have questions and want answers from the people who are actually involved in the effort to pass the bill via vote. You now have that chance, apparently on the 19th at 5:30 pm pst they will be holding an online Q&A that will be lead by their official spokeswoman Dale Clare.

They will be doing both pre-organized questions via an online form..

Tax Cannabis 2010 | Open for Questions

and questions asked on the spot during the event, the email did not specify what platform it will be on but said that there will be another email to explain participation.

here is the exact email I got, with only my name removed.
Quote:
Dear,
Do you have any questions about our campaign to legalize, control, and tax cannabis in California?
On May 19 at 5:30 p.m., Tax Cannabis 2010 spokesperson Dale Clare will join us for "Open for Questions," a live online discussion where she'll be taking your questions about the campaign.
Click here to submit a question for the broadcast!
We'll review the submissions in advance, and we will also be taking some user-submitted questions live during the event.
Thank you so much for your continued support. We'll be sure to remind you about the event as we get closer to the May 19 date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 02:00 PM

Ok I have the follow up information they sent out to the email subscribers, here is what was received..

Quote:
As we mentioned last week, there will be a live online "Open for Questions" event tomorrow -- Wednesday, May 19 -- at 5:30 p.m. with campaign spokesperson Dale Clare.

You can watch the event live at www.taxcannabis.org/live or on Facebook at http://apps.facebook.com/taxcannabis/live.
This should be an excellent opportunity for those with legitimate concerns to get answers or resolve their decision.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM

81 posts, read 259,622 times
This has my vote. I just wish the cut-off age for marijuana was 18, not 21, for consistency's sake.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:59 PM

Did anyone with questions or concerns watch or participate in the Q/A?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:24 PM

11,436 posts, read 17,168,810 times
It doesn't matter what you think of it, I doubt it will pass, poor voter turn out just about secures that, the people yelling the loudest are just to busy to vote anyway. If you want to smoke it go see a doctor that will set you up, it's no big deal, answer a few questions, Have you ever had a broken bone? are you in pain? BAM you got it.
If your job drug tests you will end up at some point loosing that job but thats each persons choice. I have nothing agianst weed, smoked a bunch of it when I was younger but grew up and realized I wanted a decent job and to own things
Unless they come up with a test that shows your high or are not high at the point in time you are tested it will not change who smokes it and who doesn't.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:26 AM

12,476 posts, read 17,467,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I agree. Stupid idea. No way would I ever vote to legalize it. But then again, I have morals and values.
And a need to try and dictate what people do with their free time.

I find it odd to what degree Americans what to dictate to others what is acceptable and what is not. I guess all the "freedom" BS is only good for rallying people up for wars.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:27 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,601,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
And a need to try and dictate what people do with their free time.

I find it odd to what degree Americans what to dictate to others what is acceptable and what is not. I guess all the "freedom" BS is only good for rallying people up for wars.
When folks speak glibly about decisions affecting other peoples lives, with no other justification than their "morals", it's basically just their personal prejudice doing the talking. This has always been around, but arguably it's become more "permissible" since the Reagan era (especially if you remember the "Willie Horton" strategy).

Rosalynn Carter, wife of Jimmy, the "peanut farmer", once made an interesting observation about the reason for Ronald Reagan’s success. “He makes Americans feel comfortable with their prejudices.” And now so does Limbaugh, and Colter, and Beck, and O'Reilly, and....

Old 05-24-2010, 11:50 AM

17,446 posts, read 23,990,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It doesn't matter what you think of it, I doubt it will pass, poor voter turn out just about secures that, the people yelling the loudest are just to busy to vote anyway. .
Two years ago people would have said the same about Prop 8

Old 06-06-2010, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 4,525 times
Default Tax and Regulate 2010

You don't need to hold my hand. I've read the initiative through many times. I also know that you must not read about all the dispensary closings going on right now in LA. The only place that doesn't cap dispensaries is San Francisco. Most of the counties already don't want dispensaries and have tried to stop them at every turn. What if the federal gov't starts harassing the counties? How is the taxing going to work? Who is going to qualify for the grow licenses? How much will a grow license costs? Obviously, not everyone is going to grow their own in that little 25sq. ft. space that you're allotted. Are people who have been put into prison for pot related crimes going to be let out? Is there a potential for more people to go to jail? How is this better? Who stands to profit the most from this initiative? why can't people smoke weed in the same place that people smoke cigarettes? As a patient I smoke outside, so am I now going to be fined or arrested for this? Or am I going to be separated out each time because I'm a patient. So does that mean if my friend isn't a patient will he/she have to pay a fine? How is that fair for him/her and better yet isn't tobacco much more harmful, yet no one will fine you for smoking in a designated place right?
Personally, I like what Jack Herer was trying to do and I felt that Jack was always about the movement. Lee and Jones are all about the money. With corporate greed so out of control at this point, I just hate watching cannabis going down that same road. the only thing I can do is vote against something I believe will make a lot of money for a few while making marijuana laws quite restrictive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California