Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,312,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
Private motorcade
And the Vet is where (he asks from the land of Route 66)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM

473 posts, read 1,698,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And the Vet is where (he asks from the land of Route 66)?

"Get your kicks on Route 66".

Old 04-19-2010, 07:11 PM

27 posts, read 133,330 times
i think its called 'bucks bar road' near placerville ca LOL.. no one really goes there..its so out of the way. :-)

Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARYNBRIT View Post
i think its called 'bucks bar road' near placerville ca LOL.. no one really goes there..its so out of the way. :-)
How about Quincy in Plumas Co? or Paradise which I believe is in Butte Co?

Rio Vista seems like a small town.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:16 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,405,433 times
Quote:
As long there isn't all of that bad traffic. I know I will still have to wait in lines in stores.
Nah, the closest thing we have to a "traffic jam" around here is the lineup of 4x4's on friday nite picking up beer on the way home! Affordable, uncrowded, beautiful scenery, great weather.... we got it, just like lots of other small town areas up here in the true "NorCal" (really that whole huge rural part of the state north of Sacramento).

But depends on what's most important to you, because there will always be "tradeoffs". Unless you're retired, etc., the economic and "cultural" parts are always pretty shakey, and they're all kinda isolated from all the variety and "perks" of larger urban areas, if those things are important to you. Also, except for the coast, they're mostly pretty conservative too ("grab yer gun, vote the GOP, and thank-yuh jee-zus... yee-hah!").

Old 04-20-2010, 01:49 PM

17,609 posts, read 22,519,982 times
Quote:
How about Quincy in Plumas Co? or Paradise which I believe is in Butte Co?

Rio Vista seems like a small town.

It's been lustrums since i've been in Rio Vista, but it was a nice little town. Walnut Grove is nice too. Good catfishin' & stripers, on the Sac River.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It's been lustrums since i've been in Rio Vista, but it was a nice little town. Walnut Grove is nice too. Good catfishin' & stripers, on the Sac River.

I was there last week a few days ago on Friday caught small stripped bass right off the Rio Vista bridge. Too small had to throw em back.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Nah, the closest thing we have to a "traffic jam" around here is the lineup of 4x4's on friday nite picking up beer on the way home! Affordable, uncrowded, beautiful scenery, great weather.... we got it, just like lots of other small town areas up here in the true "NorCal" (really that whole huge rural part of the state north of Sacramento).

But depends on what's most important to you, because there will always be "tradeoffs". Unless you're retired, etc., the economic and "cultural" parts are always pretty shakey, and they're all kinda isolated from all the variety and "perks" of larger urban areas, if those things are important to you. Also, except for the coast, they're mostly pretty conservative too ("grab yer gun, vote the GOP, and thank-yuh jee-zus... yee-hah!").
Sounds good bring your own 30.06 and legal AK-47 then go fishing Isolation sounds good here. Are we talkin Mendocino county since it is both coast and inland?

Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,405,433 times
Quote:
Sounds good bring your own 30.06 and legal AK-47 then go fishing Isolation sounds good here. Are we talkin Mendocino county since it is both coast and inland?
Actually, say "AK-47" in Mendo, and they're more likely to figure you're talking about the type of "weed" that alot of 'em grow there! Although the ones who are "serious" about it will no doubt appreciate the "30.06" part, especially if you decide to go poking about looking for "fishing and isolation"...

Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 PM

17,609 posts, read 22,519,982 times
Quote:
I was there last week a few days ago on Friday caught small stripped bass right off the Rio Vista bridge. Too small had to throw em back.

I've caught lots of bigg'un Striped Bass & catfish using pileworms, on the Sac River, the Delta, CA Aquaduct canal, & the Delta/Mendota canal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California