Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,724 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone
It's going to be our first journey to America in October this year. We are going to Las Vegas for 7 days, getting married on the last day. We then want to hire a car and drive around California for 10-12 days. To be honest with you I have no idea where to start in planning this.
There are places that we want to go to but I'm unsure of where is best to stop off inbetween etc. From leaving Vegas we'd like to visit the Grand Canyon (staying overnight), Los Angeles, Disney and San Francisco. I know that it is a lot of distance to cover.
I would be very grateful for as much advice as possible. Where's nice to stay over between long journeys, how many days is needed to stay at each spot, Which is the best route to take, Where you recommend flying back to the UK from??? (was planning to go back to vegas but am open to tips!!)
Thanks for the help in advance
Kimmy :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:38 AM

4,156 posts, read 10,989,628 times
Congratulations on the wedding bit Kimmy!
Doing a whole week in Vegas and then trying to hit Arizona (opposite direction) and then California in 10 days or so is going to be tight.
It can be done I figure, but it may not be too relaxing!
I hope you both enjoy driving alot!

It's about 7 - 10 hours driving time from Vegas to the Grand Canyon.

Then about 11 hours from GC to Disney

Anywhere from 7-8 hours from Disney to SF.

I would fly back from whichever place you want to end the trip in. Going back to Vegas after all that sounds punishing

Outside of Vegas: Hoover Dam
LA: ( I have no suggestions I'm not an LA fan)
On the way up from Disney: The Madonna Inn (that place is a riot)
Hearst Castle
SF: where will you be staying there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California