Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
Good. Can't stand religious. There faith to superstitions is disturbing.
And so is your illiteracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Good. Can't stand religious. There faith to superstitions is disturbing.
good, what is good? And what are you talking about?

Nita

Old 04-02-2010, 05:25 PM

76 posts, read 177,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
good, what is good? And what are you talking about?

Nita
Good because I don't particularly care for Christians and their beliefs.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
OUTSTANDING! Then we'll have no qualms whatsoever about feeding you to the lions. Thankfully there are antacids for them in this day-and-age.

I'm being kind to the lions since today is Good Friday and they're likely more civilized and considerate than you are.

OH TROLL PATROL!

Old 04-02-2010, 07:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
well then maybe the best place for you to live is on another planet. There are Christians, Jews, Muslems, atheiests, agnotics, Bodist and whatever in every part of Ca and our entire universe..You don't have to like them, but do respect how others feel and believe..maybe they don't particularly like you either.

Nita

Old 04-02-2010, 07:46 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Quote:
I think you just trashed your chances of getting much help or making many friends here on City-Data forums.

Side note; California is California or Ca. Cali is a lame faux hipster word that real people who have a real life laugh at. I thought I'd save you the embarrassment of using language such as the faux hipster talk like Randy Jackson spews on that stupid Idol show !

If you want to smoke pot just go get a medical card, almost everyone qualifies in most of the states that have a M.M. program.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:45 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I think you just trashed your chances of getting much help or making many friends here on City-Data forums.

Side note; California is California or Ca. Cali is a lame faux hipster word that real people who have a real life laugh at. I thought I'd save you the embarrassment of using language such as the faux hipster talk like Randy Jackson spews on that stupid Idol show !

If you want to smoke pot just go get a medical card, almost everyone qualifies in most of the states that have a M.M. program.
Ditto that re: "getting much help". I doubt this guy has ever set foot in this state, or even has any intention to.

But irreverent side note re: your "side note". Because I am kinda mystified why some folks continue to be so put out by "Cali". There's apparently even a thread about it, where the consensus seems to be that it annoys some, while others could care less, and mostly it's become popular as a compact "internet-ism".

Actually I like it not only because it's more "efficient", but also because it epitomizes a certain "fussiness" about California culture that's irresistible to tweak sometimes. Plus it sounds just like "Kali", the hindu goddess of Time & Annihilation, who is also said to "not give what is expected"....!

Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
After a bit of pondering the subject I guess that the word "Kali" is a fitting short-slang word for California considering what this depiction of Kali is doing to herself and relating that to what California is doing to itself !

Governator = R.I.N.O. ! Splains a lot.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 PM

54 posts, read 293,921 times
I guess someone from the Far North had better speak up.
I'm a native son from So Cal but I've lived up here "behind the Redwood Curtain" for nearly 12 years. I'm referring to Humboldt/Del Norte Counties.
Yes, there is a cultural difference up here. It can be thought of as either good or bad depending on your point of view.
Yes, people do surf up here, as far north as Crescent City. But a wet suit is a must.
There is a lot of natural beauty here, also alot of environmentalists, as well as the "good ol' boy element. The resource industries of logging and fishing are just a skeleton of what they use to be.
It is quite isolated here, 5-6 hours to San Francisco and at least 3 hours to any city over 30,000. There is a lot of fierce pride in protecting what's here and not letting the "fereigners" from the rest of the state change things.
It is a slower pace of life and things like smog, high crime rates, people congestion are virtually unknown.
The life style here works very well for some people, but it's not for everyonje.
minorbrew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California