Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:07 PM

76 posts, read 176,705 times

Advertisements

What are your view on Northern Cali.

I like the beach, mountains, nature, peace, quiet.

Looking for land and modest home. 400k?

I'm laid back and just want to left alone.

Is surfing good in Northern Cali? I never surfed. Looks fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 08:59 PM

Also looking for a place with no Christians. If possible.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,691,020 times
I think you're just about being provocative with "cal" and "no christians".
kinda lame.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 PM

oh, ok, thanks for the input.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,691,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
oh, ok, thanks for the input.
de nada.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,306,061 times
Quote:
What are your view on Northern Cali.

I like the beach, mountains, nature, peace, quiet.

Looking for land and modest home. 400k?

I'm laid back and just want to left alone.

Dunno. Never been to Colombia!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 PM

6 posts, read 19,596 times
Quote:
I've no direct experience but I've heard the water's cold so you will probably need a wetsuit - but I've also heard that people do surf in Far-Northern California.

I've read the area is culturally different from the rest of California - no surprise as it's a big state. In the early 20th century there was even a movement to separate from Central and Southern California and form a new state (State of Jefferson) with the southern part of Oregon.

The area interests me as well for many of the same reasons (not so much the surfing for me though).

Old 03-28-2010, 10:29 PM

38,605 posts, read 22,594,253 times
Quote:
Also looking for a place with no Christians. If possible.
Be careful what you wish for. God works in mysterious ways. The San Francisco Bay Area sounds like what you're looking for if you don't want to have Christian neighbors.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 AM

3,431 posts, read 5,201,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
Be careful what you wish for. God works in mysterious ways. The San Francisco Bay Area sounds like what you're looking for if you don't want to have Christian neighbors.
Didn't read the article (yet), but that's silly. There are gazillions of Christians in the Bay Area. There are churches everywhere. There are even conservative pockets in the Bay Area.

But the Bay Area is not what this op is looking for. They seem like they want more rural living? I'd say, Mendocino fits the bill. Very agnostic, liberal, earthy, and right on the coast. Pretty isolated though.

I would avoid the Bay Area if you want to avoid malls, traffic, etc. that every city in the country has.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 PM

16,581 posts, read 27,252,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Didn't read the article (yet), but that's silly. There are gazillions of Christians in the Bay Area. There are churches everywhere. There are even conservative pockets in the Bay Area.

But the Bay Area is not what this op is looking for. They seem like they want more rural living? I'd say, Mendocino fits the bill. Very agnostic, liberal, earthy, and right on the coast. Pretty isolated though.

I would avoid the Bay Area if you want to avoid malls, traffic, etc. that every city in the country has.
Agreed, avoid the Bay Area if you don't want that urban life.

And yeah there are churches everywhere! In the liberal heart of the Bay Area (Oakland, Berkeley and San Francisco) there is a church like every other block or so and if you were to see any of them on any given Sunday,you'd see they're quite busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California