Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,924,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Could it possibly be a case of reaping what you sow in terms of attitude. I never had a problem with the Sacramento DMV offices whatsoever but perhaps it all has to do with approach, hmmm!

Tell ya what, if it will help you get over it, I'll be happy to send you the $6 and change a year for the next five years your renewal cost. Understand, I'm retired which lowered my income but I think I can manage that for ya. In fact, it should make your day, coming as it would be from a retired state worker.
All i want is the 50.00 the dept of moron vehicles owe me. Retired ca state workers have some of the best and highest pensions in the nation. Thats another reason why the state is in a financial mess. I was actually nice & respectful to the idiots at the dmv. When i asked for a refund form one male sacramento dmv employee said "ill send you a form cause its no skin off my nose". WTF!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 01:21 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
All i want is the 50.00 the dept of moron vehicles owe me. Retired ca state workers have some of the best and highest pensions in the nation. Thats another reason why the state is in a financial mess. I was actually nice & respectful to the idiots at the dmv. When i asked for a refund form one male sacramento dmv employee said "ill send you a form cause its no skin off my nose". WTF!!!!!
Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:34 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,186,268 times
I have an idea for you. When you head on over to the DMV how about acting differant than the majority and maybe smile when you are finally called up to the window, laugh a little. Complaining doesn't work and you know that by now if you have been to the DMV. My tact is to use them for the resouce that that they are in a friendly and respectfull manner. They see people all day long that yell at them, get into arguments with them. If your issues can not be resolved right now, instead of acting like everyone else, ask them to help you or at least send you in the right direction.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Bureaucracies are kinda like that, just as some coprporate agwencies are. The individuaL you speak with at the counter can't whip out a checkbook and write one for you. Everything goes through a few layers until they reach the Office of the State Controller which actually cuts the check. Takes time and right now, a lot of time.

My bearing as a retired state worker actually is immaterial and is also not something I'm going to apolgize for, nor are my pension and benefits or my wife's. Ya think those might be reasons we stuck it out? I, too, doubt you received that response!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:35 PM

425 posts, read 1,949,015 times
The DMV has always been pretty friendly to me. Maybe it's because I don't walk in there acting like a jerk. Some people were short, but I imagine having to deal with a lot of people with bad attitudes can do that to you and thus, ruins it for everyone else. I think the other posters here have a good point, no matter how much you try to refute it - you're probably going in there acting like a jerk or calling them and giving them attitude. Of course you're not going to admit to being a jerk to them, you're biased (and you probably think you have a "right" to act the way you have).

Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 PM

188 posts, read 917,179 times
I loved the California DMV, compared to the New York State DMV. Just got a 4year NYS DL for $61.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:40 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,924,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker400 View Post
I loved the California DMV, compared to the New York State DMV. Just got a 4year NYS DL for $61.
Thats high. In some states its cheap & some its not. In colo it was 15.00 for 10 yrs. Im not sure about now though. My only problem with the dmv was in sacramento over the phone. In person they have been nice (except the san bernardino office on waterman). I have no reason to lie about my dmv experience. Im not the only one who has complained about the dmv. My complaint is tame compared to others.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,071,243 times
I'm never angry at the DMV employees, it's better to focus your venom on the source of said problems.

Like the one I posted earlier.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM

15,107 posts, read 32,119,385 times
I also heard that the registration fees are going rise again. I was told by a meter reader, that they might be tripled. Last year, my registration on my 94 Astrovan went from $55 to $74. I can afford it if they go up, but I don't know how people with new and new vehicles will be able to.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:51 PM

27,223 posts, read 27,290,570 times
I have my Wa and Az cdl transferred with no problem but trying to get it to Calif is expensive! As far as I know, we are the only ones who make you take the tests all over again no matter how good your driving record...and its not the tests I don't like, its the cost! Even just a standard class c you still have to pay and do all that. A cdl you can look forward to paying even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California