Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:45 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times

Advertisements

Dmv fees sure are high. If you dont pay your registration within 90 days after the due date the ca franchise tax board take the money (incl penalties/late fees) out of your bank account or your state tax refund. They will harass you big time. Thats why its best to pay your fees or get a thieving 18.00 non op to avoid the bs. The fees for my 90 Tbird are coming up soon & i want to non op it. I should of done it last yr but when i got my renewel notice it didnt say anything about my car being a salvage vehicle. Now the dmv wants around 200.00 in fees plus brake/lights inspection (100.00) plus the damage needs fixed (approx 2k in damage). So basically i threw away 68.00 last yr. After i realized my mistake i did contact the dmv in sacramento 3xs but got the total runaround. I wanted to non op my car & get a 50.00 refund (68-18=50). A yr sure passes quicky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 08:51 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Try changing your cdl over to Calif form another state. The cost of all that testing again, then the fee, its also insane. Ive lived in other states and transferring my cdl was easy as cake. Pay the small fee, get your pic taken, done. Out here they want you to put out money and unnecessary time that we dont have (after being there already for 2 hours waiting) to take tests all over again. Hopefully I'll be out of Calif though before getting caught driving on my (still) Az license. Not that I dont like it here, but the cost of living is just getting outrageous.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 PM

My sister recently changed her out of state license to ca. It cost her $31.00 & she only missed 1 on the test. I think you can miss up to 5 in order to pass. Her wait at the banning dmv was about 2.5 hrs. If you want to live (even visit) in ca you are going to pay the price. Keep in mind the loser legislature & govenor are the ones who created this problem & hiked the dmv fees & made all the rules & laws. I just wish they would all get on a plane & get LOST. That includes all the dirty politicians, utility companies, wall street, banks, oil companies, OPEC, animal abusers, murderers & just all the low lives in this world. I know it would take alot of planes but what the hell.... Its worth it.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:02 AM

My tags on my 90 Tbird that has been sitting for a yr are due on the 8th. Im not going to pay them or non op the car. The fees will go from 73.00 to 133.00. The legislature doubled the late fees. I just dont want to drive the car anymore plus its a v-6 gas hog. Ill either junk it or sell it "as is". I do want the tires off the car cause they only have 6k miles on them. The car is a salvage vehicle & the dmv wants a additional 117.00 plus brake/lights inspection & repair car. According to the dmv my application is incomplete. I should of just non oped it last yr instead of paying the registration fee (68.00). I didnt know for sure if it was reported to the dmv. I should of checked first & i could of saved me some hard earned money. So right now the dmv wants $190.00 & if i let it go after 30 days it goes up to $250.00. The dmv does not pro-rate fees. I really hate the legislature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California