U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 AM

16,584 posts, read 33,695,652 times

Advertisements

They did when I lived down the road. Wonderful people. So broad-minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 01:53 AM

13,228 posts, read 24,349,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
They did when I lived down the road. Wonderful people. So broad-minded.
Wonderful people wasn't one of her requirements.:

Old 04-13-2010, 07:26 AM

71,750 posts, read 83,373,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Do the nazis still parade in downtown CdA every April 20th in honor of you-know-who's birthday?
don't mention his birthday, it happens to be mine as well. I have grown up with the stigma;; you were born on Hitlers BD..

Nita

Old 04-13-2010, 07:31 AM

26,346 posts, read 82,862,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarsa View Post
OK,Here we go.LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!! What is the perfect place to live in united states and i mean..."the perfect".Low taxes,sunny but with a little bit of snow in winter,veeery low crime,veeery good afordable houses to buy and rent.With ocean or lake.Maybe with a national park close??.
Beautiful in the fall,happy in the spring,funny in the summer and melancolic in the winter.

Please,some ideas?? And dont say anything about sperling best places or money magazine.Just for people that have been living in one of those places.

THAAAANKS!!!
Isn't Fresno perfect?

You didn't define "low" taxes, or "little bit" of snow or "veeery low" crime, or "affordable" houses, or "close" national park or "beautiful" or "happy" or "funny" or "melancolic" seasons. There is an ocean and a lake.

Fresno must be perfect.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 AM

71,750 posts, read 83,373,533 times
now, as for best place in the good ole USA to live; there are so many, most places are as good as one chooses to make them. Because I hate humidity I can not choose anywhere in Florida though I think there are lots of good parts of Fl and I wouldn't choose the Carolinas for the same reason: I would go with somewhere north of Albuquerque (maybe Sante Fe) Possibly I would put some areas on Colorado on my list as well. Of course none of these places have beaches. I am not certain any one place totally fits the OPs discription of perfect. Ocean areas normally are not low cost of living and always have high humidity plus little or no snow. Areas with the seasons will not have beaches. If I were to choose a place in Ca that has most of the requirements it would be Placerville or Paradise probably.

Minus the humidity and the ocean there are lots of awesome areas right here in the Ozarks, both So Mo and NWA AR. The cost of living is low, the scenery wonderful, no ocean but because of the lakes, there are lots of beaches and we have all the season changes without any being savere.

Nita

Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 AM

44 posts, read 130,860 times
fresno is the other side of perfection.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 AM

i think nita got the point!! that is an interesting answer.thanks nita

Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 AM

26,346 posts, read 82,862,753 times
Does "perfect" mean lots of jobs too? If so, how many places mentioned above are perfect? People don't live in high cost, high density areas for nothing.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 AM

well maybe not lots of jobs but yes something to do.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:24 AM

19,126 posts, read 26,633,127 times
Everyone's idea of 'Shangri La' is going to be different. Personally, I want to be near the ocean, NO SNOW, low humidity and lots of natural area surrounding me. Since I like to fly, good weather nearly all year round with almost no real severe changes is a plus. I believe I've found that in San Luis Obispo.

Yeah, it's a bit expensive (although I live in Los Osos, so it's a big more manageable) and the college kids are irritating, but in general I can't ask for a more lovely area. I have Montana De Oro state park up the street, the Elfin Forest in my backyard, it's quiet (well...except for my douchebag neighbor, but even that's tolerable for the most part) and very dog and pedestrian friendly.

I don't do 'nightclubs' and I'm not a huge fan of 'shopping' and I prefer taking a walk by the estuary to dressing up and going bar hopping.

So yes, I have essentially found my perfect place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or