U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2010, 12:37 PM
 
277 posts, read 300,598 times
Reputation: 273

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Facts are not racists, though those embarrassed by them would use that and class warfare for a lack of actual argument.
You can call anything in your delusional mind facts, that does not make them facts. Obama is not apart of a racist church so that destroys anything you have to say.

 
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 PM
 
277 posts, read 300,598 times
Reputation: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason42 View Post
...hmm. I wonder if RCCCB hit a nerve in a regular poster who needs to use a new name to petulantly toss an insult...

"Setsuko", a question often projects more "ridiculous ignorance" than one foresees...





As to the whole issue of whether blacks are less welcomed in California... The United States, including California, has never been more welcoming of minorities, foreign or internal... There is just more competition in California for the government and private sector "largess".

Don't believe me. Go read a few books on immigration over the last few hundred years, and come back.
Sorry but this is my only name. I've been reading the ignorance in this post by certain members that have a hate for Black people. This is the internet. Do you do that? Do you post with multiple names?
 
Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 7,012,573 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
WTF are you talking about? Yes, there was the senseless (and racist) beating of Reginald Denny (the white truck driver) at the hands of Damian Williams (a black guy) and his thuggish friends (also black).

Don't forget who saw that beating on T.V. and went to Reginald Denny's aid. It was Rev. Bennie Newton (a black man) who helped Denny get to the hospital.

So you are willing to cast a wide net and say the actions of a few thugs means all Blacks are racist. I think you need to change your C-D user name to JIM CROW! The only one buying your racist garbage is DAVID DUKE and you!
Someone was talking about the 70s being better for blacks than today.
I mentioned during a few threads that for one, Latinos have become larger in population and IMO have taken lots of work away.
Then most recently referred to the Rodney King time. The reaction after Mayor Tom Bradley told everyone to riot was bad IMO.
It left a bad impression regarding Los Angeles.
It left a bad impression regarding blacks in Los Angeles.
It shocked IMO the heck out of non-blacks when many blacks being interviewed by the press were talking so much hatred of whites and others.
The press managed to have interviewing reporters in the riots finding a majority of people with stolen goods in their arms saying Rodney who?

Maybe you forgot, but gun sales also went through the roof from the riots on. IMO the fires, riots and horrible interviews by people in the neighborhood did not do anything to want employers to bring business into those communities.
I also think it did damage to all blacks IMO looking for work.
I think the ones acting like a menace on TV or giving the bad interviews reflected poorly on all blacks and Los Angeles in general IMO.
It definitely had a devastating effect on the economy here IMO.

Is this ALL blacks? No.
Did it seem the press managed to film all blacks who were racists on national TV? Yes.

In general, if you are mad, is it logical, civilized and normal to go burn your neighborhood? NO.

Do I think whites or others are excluded from possible similar stupidity? No. Not so many years ago you could look at the war between Catholics and Protestants between mostly whites in Ireland.
In Mexico today you can see it's Afghanistan #2 with the gangs and drugs.

There was great damage done IMO to blacks during the LA riots by the interviews and other behaviors. Wasn't everybody IMO, but it sure probably on some level screwed everybody over IMO.

In general in the country more blacks are middle class, start their own businesses and such, but I think in some ways California stabbed itself in the heart some with the riots.
Between the LA riots and large Latino populations moving in, CA has become tougher for blacks IMO, that is my conclusion.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 03:48 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 7,012,573 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
Sorry but this is my only name. I've been reading the ignorance in this post by certain members that have a hate for Black people. This is the internet. Do you do that? Do you post with multiple names?
For you, what is the difference between hate and talking about known things. The issue here is California less inviting to blacks now compared to the past.
There are more good jobs across the country, but CA blacks between the riots and Latinos becoming bigger in population have not had it all that good as of late IMO.

As we get into particulars, that isn't racism, that is a discussion of maybe why some feel things happened the way they did.

Just because you may not like what someone says, that doesn't make it racism or ignorance.
There is lots of evidence you can look up all over the Internet on the issues I spoke of.
I was here all those years, so mine is personal experience as well.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 04:13 PM
 
277 posts, read 300,598 times
Reputation: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
For you, what is the difference between hate and talking about known things. The issue here is California less inviting to blacks now compared to the past.
There are more good jobs across the country, but CA blacks between the riots and Latinos becoming bigger in population have not had it all that good as of late IMO.

As we get into particulars, that isn't racism, that is a discussion of maybe why some feel things happened the way they did.

Just because you may not like what someone says, that doesn't make it racism or ignorance.
There is lots of evidence you can look up all over the Internet on the issues I spoke of.
I was here all those years, so mine is personal experience as well.
What in the world do the LA riots have to do with anything? LA does not = the entire state of CA. Do you think all black people rioted during the king verdict? do you think all black people live in LA? Which Latinos are keeping CA Blacks from jobs? Do you think Blacks work in the fields? None of that has anything to do with how Blacks are perceived as less welcomed. Blacks have left CA in droves due to housing costs, the ones with less money are not as fortunate to just pack up and leave.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,423,597 times
Reputation: 64033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
What in the world do the LA riots have to do with anything? LA does not = the entire state of CA. Do you think all black people rioted during the king verdict? do you think all black people live in LA? Which Latinos are keeping CA Blacks from jobs? Do you think Blacks work in the fields? None of that has anything to do with how Blacks are perceived as less welcomed. Blacks have left CA in droves due to housing costs, the ones with less money are not as fortunate to just pack up and leave.
Here have a taste of your own medicine. Do you think ALL Latinos work in the fields? You can't argue against stereo typing, without forming another stereo type.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 08:41 PM
 
277 posts, read 300,598 times
Reputation: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Here have a taste of your own medicine. Do you think ALL Latinos work in the fields? You can't argue against stereo typing, without forming another stereo type.
Did you read who I'm responding to, he's a guy that thinks all Latinos are illegal and work in the fields. Before trying to be witty and attack me go read the thread.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,813 posts, read 3,649,906 times
Reputation: 3967
Sorry, for all the white persons in this state, who THINK this state is great and is color blind. You are wrong.

I am a black man, who was born in California, in 1963. I've seen ALL of the racism this state has to offer and then some. Its easy to sit back and say, "I am not racist." Maybe you are not; overtly. However, most persons say that and covertly they are.

YOU don't live it. YOU don't see it. I do. Racism in California is here and its prevelant. It isn't as overt as say North Carolina (I've lived their too), however, racism is blatant in this state.

Anyone want to challenge me? I'll go into a department store, anyone. Target, Macy's, Walmart, et al. I'll be followed, looked at, by their internal security. Let a white man come in and they will not. There, there is the challenge open to anyone. I live in Dublin, California and I am challenging anyone who wants to take me up on it.

[Mod cut-racist] Racism is so obvious in this state, it isn't funny.

Last edited by observer53; 12-17-2010 at 01:04 PM..
 
Old 12-16-2010, 11:35 PM
 
26,579 posts, read 52,109,940 times
Reputation: 20358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Sorry, for all the white persons in this state, who THINK this state is great and is color blind. You are wrong.

I am a black man, who was born in California, in 1963. I've seen ALL of the racism this state has to offer and then some. Its easy to sit back and say, "I am not racist." Maybe you are not; overtly. However, most persons say that and covertly they are.

YOU don't live it. YOU don't see it. I do. Racism in California is here and its prevelant. It isn't as overt as say North Carolina (I've lived their too), however, racism is blatant in this state.

Anyone want to challenge me? I'll go into a department store, anyone. Target, Macy's, Walmart, et al. I'll be followed, looked at, by their internal security. Let a white man come in and they will not. There, there is the challenge open to anyone. I live in Dublin, California and I am challenging anyone who wants to take me up on it.

White people are fools, ignorant, and liars. Racism is so obvious in this state, it isn't funny.
Racism isn't the purview of any one race... it is an equal opportunity offender.

So...back to the Original Poster's questions... "Is California less welcoming of blacks?"
 
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 7,012,573 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
You can call anything in your delusional mind facts, that does not make them facts. Obama is not apart of a racist church so that destroys anything you have to say.
[LEFT]All Quotes Attributed to Pastor Jeremiah Wright[/LEFT]
“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”
[LEFT]“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)
“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)
“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)
“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)
“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”
“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)
“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top