U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 04-17-2010, 02:42 PM
1 posts, read 5,061 times
Reputation: 10


The dmv is going to suspend my license because they claim I didn't submit the SR-1 for an accident that occurred some time ago. But one, it was $400 for this accident, less then 750 or 500. And, I filled it out and submitted it, TWICE because they sent me a letter for it twice and I sent it back on time. When the accident happened the police officer made a collision report and I called my insurance company and all the sorts. I'm confused and really stressed out about this, is there a possibility it was an error or did I do something wrong in this process? thanks to anyone who can give me their insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Location: Eureka CA
7,091 posts, read 9,813,594 times
Reputation: 10367
Did you keep a copy of the SR-1? Does your insurance company have a copy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
24,862 posts, read 47,506,187 times
Reputation: 17879
Police Reports don't count...

I've had similar problems with DMV before and my Certified Letter Receipt took care of it.

Once, I had to go to my elected State representative for help... these things never go away until resolved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Location: San Diego
2,847 posts, read 6,012,142 times
Reputation: 1953
Because the police report was made, the DMV received notice of the claim regardless of the amount. The other possible outcome is the other parties insurance company filed the SR-1 so both parties need too. DMV doesn't care about the amount once they get the form.

Here is what you need to do. Call 916-657-6677. You will need to have your CA License, the form they sent, and insurance info with you. The form they sent if the accident was in 2009 should have a number on the top right like 09-xx-xxxx. You will be forced to listen to a long recording then I believe push zero. You can speak with someone and give them the form # so they can match it. It'll just take a few minutes, I swear. I would call tomorrow or Wednesday. Once you do that, you will get a letter in a few weeks confirming its all ok now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top