U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:07 PM

9,197 posts, read 13,968,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Pretty stunning how things can do a 180 degree turn with the weather in California.
What needs to happen next is for some intrepid C-D posters to figure out how to assign blame for the weather situation on either side of the political spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 10:52 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,665,004 times
Cachuma Lake, a crystalline mountain resource, is disappearing - latimes.com

Old 01-28-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
What needs to happen next is for some intrepid C-D posters to figure out how to assign blame for the weather situation on either side of the political spectrum.
Well, it's already kind of happening - at least in terms of politicos in an election year. Oh, the joys that await in 2014.

Republicans seek to tap California drought for a political edge - latimes.com

Old 01-28-2014, 12:33 AM

4,114 posts, read 9,201,542 times
So...California has been in the worst drought in the state's history, even gaining national press about its possible long-term ramifications if it continues, and now the drought situation is suddenly improving? I know at least in SoCal that we haven't had any rain.

This is like saying that the California economy is getting better. It is...if you work in tech in the Bay Area or real estate in Orange County. That's also like saying that California is on its way to financial insolvency...while we know that the Democrats in charge in Sac-town are blowing the newly-generated revenue surplus money by raising taxes on the wealthy who create jobs.

Sorry, I can be socially liberal, but not fiscally/economically liberal. I just can't.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
So...California has been in the worst drought in the state's history, even gaining national press about its possible long-term ramifications if it continues, and now the drought situation is suddenly improving? I know at least in SoCal that we haven't had any rain.

This is like saying that the California economy is getting better. It is...if you work in tech in the Bay Area or real estate in Orange County. That's also like saying that California is on its way to financial insolvency...while we know that the Democrats in charge in Sac-town are blowing the newly-generated revenue surplus money by raising taxes on the wealthy who create jobs.

Sorry, I can be socially liberal, but not fiscally/economically liberal. I just can't.

Well, the thread is from 2010, when this article was published:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Old 01-28-2014, 02:41 AM

16,584 posts, read 33,665,004 times
Quote:

All that rant wasted because you didn't check the original post date.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:13 PM

1,789 posts, read 1,792,570 times
This is a Jan 2014 NASA photo of the California snowpack:

Old 01-28-2014, 02:32 PM

4,575 posts, read 9,595,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
We had about 8" of snow in early December, and it was very cold until after the first. None since, but it's coming tomorrow according to our weatherman. Right now is almost 60 outside which is 10+ above normal for us. Gotta love those Nasa video's though. The one of the Rim fire was pretty cool even if I was wearing a respirator outside at the time.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 AM

16,422 posts, read 22,270,715 times
Quote:

The drought situation improved in 2010 when this thread was originally made.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 AM

16,422 posts, read 22,270,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
This is crazy, not just because of the snow but look carefully at the valley. You can see it's greener in 2013 as well as the coast. the whole state in 2014 is very dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California